Silicone hoses galore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silicone hoses galore

Any S4 guys replace all the hoses in the engine bay with silicone ones? i'm not talking just about the big samco/ebay hoses lol but the little 3.5mm ones that go to the DVs and around the top of the motor

i'm thinking of buying a crapload of hose and will replace them when the car gets parked this fall

Re: Silicone hoses galore

There's really no need, those little guys have very little pressure to withstand...
    Jordan
    Jerbel Autowerks

Distributor of parts from:
    JAW, 034 Motorsport, Power Up Lubricants and OEM replacement parts
    (403) 690-7135
    jordan@jerbelautowerks.com

Comment

really? i'm going to replace the little guys around my DVs and FPR tho..

the rest should be ok then.. i'm just wondering if i have a a boost leak or not. i need to hitup C1 for a anti buzz T fitting this week

Comment

The DV and FPR hoses have very little pressure running through them. They will usually stay in place without any clamps or zip-ties holding them, just to give you an idea.

You're question is nothing that can't be answered by a quick boost leak test
        Jordan
        Jerbel Autowerks

(403) 690-7135

Comment

the problem with those little hoses is not the pressure they can, or canot hold. its the fact that they becomes very brittle and break off. I have replaced almost all of mine in my engine bay. Im an A4 but its the same thing (most likely a few less hoses)

Comment

ya thats why i want to replace them..

Comment

What I'm saying is that there is no need for silicone. You can just buy the braided hose and replace it every 9 years, or just use some standard rubber hosing, etc.

If you don't care about the $$$, then go ahead and use silicone, it definitely won't hurt anything.
              Jordan
              Jerbel Autowerks

(403) 690-7135

Comment

Originally posted by The_Jerbel View Post
                What I'm saying is that there is no need for silicone. You can just buy the braided hose and replace it every 9 years, or just use some standard rubber hosing, etc.

If you don't care about the $$$, then go ahead and use silicone, it definitely won't hurt anything.
                I misread the original thread. I used michelin (spelling?) rubber hose from partsource, not silicone. but the colors available in silicone could look cool

Comment

yea i ordered hot pink samco hoses all around

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan View Post
                    yea i ordered hot pink samco hoses all around
                    LOL awwweesome
                    Cam

2004 VW R32 Turbo

Comment

if you are concerned about leaks, i had a smoke test done at calgary autoworks for next to nothing. (i think it was 30 min labour or somehting)
                      its an awwesome test, as it makes it incredibly obvious where any leaks are.
                      case in point, we had a boost leak near the intercooler that was literally impossible see, and had actually tuned the car to accomodate it. fixing it made a massive difference in drivability.

Comment

yea.. i can do a smoke test myself if needed but i'm replacing hoses as more of an ADD/boredom thing

Comment

Working...
                        X