This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 135i VS Lambo

I think this vid could of been posted a few years back, but im not sure...

No harm if it was... This video is sick, and truly shows of fast a 135 is with a few simple mods....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gl2YE...eature=related
    12 VW Golf
    09 BMW 135i
    07 MKV GTI
    03 Jetta GLI
    01 Jetta GLS
    90 Jetta GL

Re: 135i VS Lambo

god damn that 1 is fast

Comment

Originally posted by 852VR6 View Post
      god damn that 1 is fast
      That 135 is about 15 whp more then mine.... Since im still running stock DP's
      12 VW Golf
      09 BMW 135i
      07 MKV GTI
      03 Jetta GLI
      01 Jetta GLS
      90 Jetta GL

Comment

That lambo driver was horrid, no offense. I'm sure the BMW is fast, but the lambo driver was an idiot.
        2001 Jetta TDI GL Silver
        Malone Tune stage 5+ ,VNT17-22Turbo, OMI, PP Race Pipe, PD 150 Intake, 2 1/2" Straight back exhaust, no mufflers, 2 1/2" downpipe straight no Cat, Race 520 Injectors, 11mm Fuel Pump, Lift Pump, EGR Delete mod,DC Stage IV Clutch, Michelin X-Ice 2's, 26 lb/s of boost alll day long, Smoking like a train!

Comment

Still haven't completely ruled out a 1 as my "other" car. I just need to find a 2-car garage first!
          Rob
          Daddy's "Hooligan" - MK4 R32 in Deep Blue Pearl
          Mommy's "Gran Turismo" - E70 X5M in Black Sapphire Metallic

GONE... BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:

The Family "Muscle Car" - B7 RS4 in Misano Red - Dad's 20th Anniversary "Wanna-be R32" GTi

Comment

haha

i want to get a mk4 1.8t as my new winter beater or an r32

that 135 is sick! the last race is probably the best of them all but daaaammnn

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan View Post

daaaammnn

I heard that Before.....
              Last edited by Speed Cat; 06-07-2009, 12:42 AM.
              12 VW Golf
              09 BMW 135i
              07 MKV GTI
              03 Jetta GLI
              01 Jetta GLS
              90 Jetta GL

Comment

Do you guys believe everything you see on the inturdweb?

It looks to me, like this video is BS advertising propaganda from Vishnu Tuning to sell more product.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148057

IMO

The 135 would have to have 575-600+ horsepowers to pull a Gallardo like that -- as they weigh close to the same and the Gallardo is stock 500+ Admittedly gearing could play a role though -- but not that much I don't think.
                Last edited by Pshrynk; 06-07-2009, 10:58 AM.

Comment

For me... whether it (ie. the 135i) wins or not against the Gallardo is irrelevant. I love it whenever a car that is 1/2 the price including mods can run with the big boys.

Either way... considering we live in Calgary (or, well, most of us here) I'd rather have the 345-day a year (assuming you perhaps park it for those really wintery 3 weeks we get in January'ish) tuned BMW 135i than the 220-day a year Gallardo.

BMW 135i FTW!
                  Rob

The Family "Muscle Car" - B7 RS4 in Misano Red - Dad's 20th Anniversary "Wanna-be R32" GTi

Comment

My friends chipped 335 awd ran a best of 12.6@109. and 13.8 stock, 135 is so much smaller with the same power with crazy wheel spin.
                    EURODYNE
                    01 Gti awd 2L 20V HTA3582 11.4@124 best mph 128.25
                    04 R32T 6266
                    Tow machine 2011 F350 DRW 6.7

Comment

Originally posted by Deuce View Post
                      For me... whether it (ie. the 135i) wins or not against the Gallardo is irrelevant. I love it whenever a car that is 1/2 the price including mods can run with the big boys.

Either way... considering we live in Calgary (or, well, most of us here) I'd rather have the 345-day a year (assuming you perhaps park it for those really wintery 3 weeks we get in January'ish) tuned BMW 135i than the 220-day a year Gallardo.

BMW 135i FTW!

The Gallardo is awd, there is actually a black Gallardo Spyder with full 3M that is daily driven here in Edmonton.

No offence to 135i owners but none of the "big boys" care to run with a 135i. They even get dog'd on by 335i owners and are known as the Neon SRT4's of Bavaria. I personally like them, but I wouldn't get one. I'm not secure enough to not care what people think. hahaha

The video only shows part of the story. The race gas sipping 135i was running against the "slowest gen" Gallardo, before the revised gearing and power bump. It was strategically set up from a roll at speeds where the Gallardo's gearing is weakest. From a dig or high speed run, there would be a different outcome.

Fun vid to watch either way. I just try not to get it twisted, performance sports cars are more purposely built and very different than modified economy cars...my car included.

Comment

There is like a 150K difference between a lambo and a 135i.... The lambo better be a better Car...

But lets face it this video is not bashing a lambo in anyway.. its just showing that the 135 is fast..

Off the line your right this would be different, and after 120MPH it would also be a very different story... The lambo would eat the BMW... (i think)

Quote:none of the "big boys" care to run with a 135i. They even get dog'd on by 335i owners and are known as the Neon SRT4's of Bavaria..... This makes me laugh but its very true.... Cause it swings both ways... Its like a guy that drives a veyron bugatti, and you see a lambo that wants to race... You would laugh and say look at this fool and his piece of shi t Neon SRT4 from Italy....
                        Last edited by Speed Cat; 06-07-2009, 04:32 PM.
                        12 VW Golf
                        09 BMW 135i
                        07 MKV GTI
                        03 Jetta GLI
                        01 Jetta GLS
                        90 Jetta GL

Comment

Originally posted by Speed Cat View Post
                          There is like a 150K difference between a lambo and a 135i.... The lambo better be a better Car...

But lets face it this video is not bashing a lambo in anyway.. its just showing that the 135 is fast..

Off the line your right this would be different, and after 120MPH it would also be a very different story... The lambo would eat the BMW... (i think)

Quote:none of the "big boys" care to run with a 135i. They even get dog'd on by 335i owners and are known as the Neon SRT4's of Bavaria..... This makes me laugh but its very true.... Cause it swings both ways... Its like a guy that drives a veyron bugatti, and you see a lambo that wants to race... You would laugh and say look at this fool and his piece of shi t Neon SRT4 from Italy....

It's "only" like a $70k diff if you are comparing a used Gallardo and a new 135i! hahaha Afterall, I always hear people say it's easy to buy an exotic, but it's very tough to be able to afford to maintain one.

The vid is pretty cool though. Just kind of ridiculous when people comment how they would rather have a 1 series over a Lambo. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

I agree about the Bugatti analogy. In fact, most of the Lambo enthusiasts look down on Gallardo owners. They consider it a glorified VW and not a real Lamborghini because of the lack of gullwing doors, etc. I'm sure there's an exotic car forum somewhere with a vid of a Heffner TT Gallardo beating a Veyron. Then some jerky Murcielago driver comes in and says "it's still just a Gallardo," while someone else will say it's amazingly fast for only 1/10 of the price of the Veyron.

Comment

Originally posted by Speed Cat View Post
                            That 135 is about 15 whp more then mine.... Since im still running stock DP's
                            Have you dino'd your car, or how are you coming to that conclusion? We are quite a bit higher than sea level, so you have to take that into consideration when determining power output.
                            Jordan
                            Jerbel Autowerks

Distributor of parts from:
                            JAW, 034 Motorsport, Power Up Lubricants and OEM replacement parts
                            (403) 690-7135
                            jordan@jerbelautowerks.com

Comment

Originally posted by AK47 View Post
                              Just kind of ridiculous when people comment how they would rather have a 1 series over a Lambo.
                              It's ridiculous... cause it's true, for a poor man like me!
                              Rob

Comment

Working...
                              X