Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sad time for a b5 s4 :(

guys for those with a b5 i'd check this if i were you

last month i found rust bubbles just below my license plate frame..

well last night the paint cracked so today i got pissed off and remove my license plate and start picking at the paint

the black license plate attachment part has 2 torx screws that hold it to the truck plus black body kit glue crap

pull it all off i have about a 4" circle spot where it has surface rust and i peeled all the lifting paint off and took a metal brush and got rid of the rust.. the top right corner also has a small rusty spot too.. very small though

i think what honestly has happened (because i know my trunk has never been painted)..

the screws i used to put on my license plate were a C-hair too long and when put down all the way managed to penetrate the paint below and water build up,etc caused the rusting.. because under the black paint holder there are 4 indents in the trunk itself which i assume are to space out the holding screw depth

long story short.. just another thing to fix this winter when i respray the car.. glad is not as bad as i though it would be

i'm removing that POS black plate piece and will just double sided tape my plate to the trunk.. i did this before on my old jetta with a euroboot and it worked fine..

sigh.......

ps.. go check yours guys!

ps.. a 52" sony lcd tv box fits perfect in the back of the allroad.. one good thing today at least haha
    Last edited by R_Ethug; 08-20-2009, 05:09 PM.

Re: sad time for a b5 s4 :(

lol can fit a 52" thats impressive!!! thats a shame about the rust, i have a very small paint bubble on my drivers door, hasn't changed at all in the last year but as soon as it shows through its off to the body shop. ugh
    Kevin

2000 s4, Custom vast stg2+, piggie pipes, ssac catback, evoms intake, 710n's, eibach sportline springs, RS4 Reps, VDO boost guage

Comment

yea car is getting repainted this winter anyways as there is alot of **** i want to fix but not a great week to have it.. thats okay i'm driving an a4 avant to euroquake instead of my pos s4 lol

Comment

That really sucks, on my old S I had some rust start to bleed threw on the front passenger side fender, So I decide to futher investagate and by the time I was finished checking it all out half the paint was gone! There was a sh*t load of bubble rust so off came the fender and I took it in to work and re-sprayed it. But the only thing was that the color that they gave me at the paint shop was off about 2 degree's and ever time I looked at it I would notice it. So if you guys are going in for a touch up's make sure that they don't try telling you that there is no more genuine paint and that they have to do a color match inless the person doing the color match is real good.

Comment

hey mark, maybe someday i will get you to spray my car for me when the rust comes through, being no one ever is gonna buy an auto s4, so ill just keep it till it dies or i die. lol
          Kevin

2000 s4, Custom vast stg2+, piggie pipes, ssac catback, evoms intake, 710n's, eibach sportline springs, RS4 Reps, VDO boost guage

Comment

Originally posted by fazda View Post
            hey mark, maybe someday i will get you to spray my car for me when the rust comes through, being no one ever is gonna buy an auto s4, so ill just keep it till it dies or i die. lol
            Ya I could spray your car for you. Are you going to keep it the same color or change things up? You should just swap out the auto and go with a 6spd

Comment

ya i dont have the time or money for that right now. one day
              Kevin

Comment

want to respray mine? you run a body shop? i may change my color to atlas grey

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan View Post
                  want to respray mine? you run a body shop? i may change my color to atlas grey
                  No I don't have a body shop,I am a painter by trade and have been doing it for a while now. When you are doing a color change there is alot more to it in which I would not beable to take on a job like that since I currently am not working at a shop that has a spray booth. If you were to go with the same color I might beable to do it.
                  Last edited by grim420; 08-20-2009, 06:44 PM.

Comment

ahh if i swap colors i'm pulling the interior apart myself other than the dash of course..engine bay can stay silver i spose unless they remove the fenders?? dunno if thats possible i think so tho

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan View Post
                      guys for those with a b5 i'd check this if i were you

last month i found rust bubbles just below my license plate frame..

well last night the paint cracked so today i got pissed off and remove my license plate and start picking at the paint

the black license plate attachment part has 2 torx screws that hold it to the truck plus black body kit glue crap

pull it all off i have about a 4" circle spot where it has surface rust and i peeled all the lifting paint off and took a metal brush and got rid of the rust.. the top right corner also has a small rusty spot too.. very small though

i think what honestly has happened (because i know my trunk has never been painted)..

the screws i used to put on my license plate were a C-hair too long and when put down all the way managed to penetrate the paint below and water build up,etc caused the rusting.. because under the black paint holder there are 4 indents in the trunk itself which i assume are to space out the holding screw depth

long story short.. just another thing to fix this winter when i respray the car.. glad is not as bad as i though it would be

i'm removing that POS black plate piece and will just double sided tape my plate to the trunk.. i did this before on my old jetta with a euroboot and it worked fine..

sigh.......

ps.. go check yours guys!

ps.. a 52" sony lcd tv box fits perfect in the back of the allroad.. one good thing today at least haha
                      what's this c-hair you speak of?
                      D.J.
                      Turbo SVT Focus
                      Audi S4 Stage 3++++++

Comment

Good thing these cars come with a 10-year paint warranty. Talk with the dealer about it!
                        Jordan
                        Jerbel Autowerks

Distributor of parts from:
                        JAW, 034 Motorsport, Power Up Lubricants and OEM replacement parts
                        (403) 690-7135
                        jordan@jerbelautowerks.com

Comment

For the rust warranty it only counts if the panel is preforated.. ie. All the way through!

Comment

Yikes! Did the dealer tell you that?
                            Jordan
                            Jerbel Autowerks

Distributor of parts from:
                            JAW, 034 Motorsport, Power Up Lubricants and OEM replacement parts
                            (403) 690-7135
                            jordan@jerbelautowerks.com

Comment

Yep, had a problem with a past A4... has to be all the way through!

Comment

Working...
                              X