X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Audi S4's B5 EDL

The runs were done in Red Deer.
    Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Its pretty ridiculous that a comment from someone saying "My butt dyno tells me the car is near 500hp" has turned into all of this. Not once did anyone say anyone would achieve exactly 500awhp. The words "Butt Dyno" and "Near" should make that pretty evident. Both words are pretty vague.

Jordan, You know, you're right; I may not know your entire history with cars. That being said, how much do you know about DJ's history? Your posts come off quite arrogant, and all I said was that you need to give him a little more credit for his knowledge base, and what he has done with the car. Im not sure if DJ cares to devulge exactly what he does for his CAREER... but thats for him to decide. It seems like you have been butting heads with him ever since he joined ED....

As for when I owned the car... From my past logs the 2 degrees of timing that I added were on the car when I ran 94 octane on my 93 program... I had zero signs of detonation. (with all CF's in check) To me that means there was still room to play around, I just didnt have the time or need to squeeze out every last drop. So then when I got the Meth kit working, wouldnt it be logical to assume that 2 degrees of timing would be far from maximizing the software? Not one change was made once I got the kit working...

As for APR's numbers... they tend to be quite conservative with advertised numbers, in order to keep the complaining to a minimum. There are quite a few posts on AW, QW etc of higher numbers on 104 and stock programming.
      Last edited by R-Audi; 08-25-2009, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian Turbo View Post
        The runs were done in Red Deer.
        My mistake. In that case, 3000 feet.
        Jordan
        Jerbel Autowerks

Distributor of parts from:
        JAW, 034 Motorsport, Power Up Lubricants and OEM replacement parts
        (403) 690-7135
        jordan@jerbelautowerks.com

Comment

Originally posted by R-Audi View Post
          Its pretty ridiculous that a comment from someone saying "My butt dyno tells me the car is near 500hp" has turned into all of this. Not once did anyone say anyone would achieve exactly 500awhp. The words "Butt Dyno" and "Near" should make that pretty evident. Both words are pretty vague.

Jordan, You know, you're right; I may not know your entire history with cars. That being said, how much do you know about DJ's history? Your posts come off quite arrogant, and all I said was that you need to give him a little more credit for his knowledge base, and what he has done with the car. Im not sure if DJ cares to devulge exactly what he does for his CAREER... but thats for him to decide. It seems like you have been butting heads with him ever since he joined ED....
          Quite to the contrary, every time he posts a question about his car I try and help him out. I have no problem at all with DJ. To quote myself:

"He may have more programming/software experience than I do, or he may not. It doesn't really matter to me. I'm not interested in a pissing contest, nor do I feel the need to "prove myself" to anyone."

"I don't mean any disrespect, but reality is reality..."

It seems like the only one getting heated up here, or trying to butt heads, is you, Mark...Lately, anytime somebody questions APR, you and a couple of other people are just salivating to jump all over them. So, I'm sorry if I've maybe offended you perhaps by calling into question the quasi-worshipped "APR", or the idea that your old car is approaching 500AWHP. Again, I'm just straight-forward with my thoughts, there was no offense intended towards you, DJ or anyone else.

Also, I never said your car was max'd out. I'm just saying that a couple of degrees is plenty for 94oct on the 93 program if your logs are showing you CF's and KV's.

In the interest of this thread not getting overly heated, all I'll say is this:
          I have yet to see a near-500AWHP K04 car, but if you show me some FATS times or a dyno chart, I will become a believer.

DJ,
          I'd love to go for a ride anytime, man. In fact, I'll bring the laptop and we can do some FATS pulls, if you want.
          Last edited by The_Jerbel; 08-25-2009, 10:43 PM.
          Jordan
          Jerbel Autowerks

(403) 690-7135

Comment

"I'm not interested in a pissing contest"

But.. for good measure heres a post picking apart every single thing you say. You know, to go along with my other posts that do the same thing.

PS. Buy VAST!

Comment

Again, I'm sorry if I've offended you, I just speak my mind.

I'm finished with this BS, and I'm done trying to explain myself so as to not offend you. Some people just WANT to be offended, it seems.

/thread.
              Jordan
              Jerbel Autowerks

(403) 690-7135

Comment

Working...
              X