Done. Well, almost done...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Done. Well, almost done...

When I bought my S4, I was determined not to invest in more than a Stage 1 and coilovers.
    The FK Silverline Plus's are on and the APR tune is done...here's a before and after coils shot.

Before

After

...so I'm done. Except maybe for...

Last edited by JRP; 05-17-2010, 09:14 PM.
    "You know, I never noticed how many Silver Audis there were out there until you bought one..."
    My Dear Wife - April, 2010

Re: Done. Well, almost done...

looks good.. you'll want to roll your front fenders.. my suspension has fully settled now

1finger gap up front and 2 in the rear.. bastard scrapes on every freaking highway dip and hard corner.. oh well looks wicked hahha

Comment

Nice new wheels and that will look good. Not a fan of the dropped cars, but the silver S4 seems to work a bit better. Maybe i'm just attuned to seeing 8000 of them in Vancouver.
      Jess

2010 Jetta TDI 6 SPD - Stock Comfortline model

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan View Post
        looks good.. you'll want to roll your front fenders.. my suspension has fully settled now

1finger gap up front and 2 in the rear.. bastard scrapes on every freaking highway dip and hard corner.. oh well looks wicked hahha

You scrape at 2 in the stink and one in the pink? Sounds like your spring rate isnt high enough.... Or a bit more fender rolling.

Comment

just needs fender rolling

and i need my alignment done still too
          springs are rated like 650 or something.. above H&R but not as stiff as vogt gts

Comment

The new rims will look hawt.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by R-Audi View Post
              You scrape at 2 in the stink and one in the pink? Sounds like your spring rate isnt high enough.... Or a bit more fender rolling.

I don't see how gaps and this are related?
              Jess

Comment

Stink=back wheel well
                Pink=Front wheel well

Comment

yeah, i got it. i just wanted to post that photo.
                  Jess

Comment

Nice drop love those B5 S4's. I just ordered H&R street performance coilovers and jhm/vast piggie pipes with the fast intentions b7 s4 catback exhaust from JH Motorsports. I will also install my new HSport front and rear sway bars when the suspension is installed I can't wait haha

Comment

that drop looks nice! are the coils maxed out? also what was the total bill for coils and install?
                      sigpic

<<<Ben>>>

Present:
                      His: 2008 Cayenne Turbo
                      Hers: 2012 Ibis White Q5
                      Past:
                      B7 A4 Avant 6MT Black
                      B7 A4 Avant 6MT Silver
                      2004 .:R32 BMP
                      2001.5 Noggy blue s4
                      2000 VW GTI 1.8T
                      1997 VW Jetta VR6

Comment

Originally posted by asp gti View Post
                        that drop looks nice! are the coils maxed out? also what was the total bill for coils and install?
                        Hey Ben, and to think that if you hadn't been skiing that weekend, I might have bought your Noggy Did you hang on to it and forsake paying for your education?

The FK's still have about 2-1/2" of adjustment left, right now they are as low as I want them...they've settled a bit because I've noticed a rub or two since yesterday. I wanted to do the install myself but I'm f*cked for time, so Concept did them for me. This was a good thing, as the D/S rear strut mounting pocket was rusted through at the back...you couldn't tell until it was off...and yes, it's the only rust I've found. Ken cut it out and welded a new piece in. All in all, purchase, install and remedial work ran about $1800 which was worth it. Huge ride improvement, car feels very solid without being harsh. I'm starting to appreciate how heavy this thing is compared to my old Celica, that and about 180 additional HP has definitely changed the way I drive...
                        Last edited by JRP; 05-20-2010, 07:14 PM.
                        "You know, I never noticed how many Silver Audis there were out there until you bought one..."
                        My Dear Wife - April, 2010

Comment

Working...
                        X