toyo tr1 tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• toyo tr1 tires

any one else ran these tires? and did you have ant issues with them getting really noisy after about 20k.

any recomondations for new ones 18s on an a4

Re: toyo tr1 tires

I have them in a 15" and they are awsome, Havent really ever notice them getting abnormally loud.
    "If it has tits or wheels it will give you trouble"

-97 Golf
    -91 GTI

Comment

My Dad and I have had a few sets but in all honest don't think we have ever crossed over 20K kms on them

Getting a fresh set of 19s very soon though.
      Blair
      Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

If you are starting to develop feather on the edges, the tires will get noisier than when new. It isn't this tire in particular, but tires in general. You need to make sure they are regularly rotated, air pressures are good, and alignment is proper. Different drivers and different cars wear tires differently however, so what happens for you will be different than someone else...
        sigpic
        Urban Expressions Wheel & Tire
        Bay #6, 1303 44th ave NE
        Calgary Alberta, T2E6L5
        888.769.1772 Toll Free
        403.769.1771 tel
        403.769.1773 fax
        bob@urbanexp.ca

Comment

Mine were noisy.

Comment

I have them on my BMW right now, they are very loud when compared to the Falken 452s I had on eariler in the year. I have heard that the Nitto Invos are very quiet and an excellent tire, when I have to replace the T1Rs I will be going with an Invo.
            Current: Golf R and a corporate lease nobody cares about

Comment

I used to have them on my last car. Great sticky tire, wears out super fast. Especially with a bit of camber on the rear and RWD. Gone.
              sigpic

Comment

Have these on right now. Really decent for what I paid. I don't notice road noise, but the sound insulation in these cars is pretty heavy duty.

Comment

i have also ran these as well as a good friend did. we both noticed they got noisier after a bit and defently talked more around corners..

i personally enjoyed my BFG g-force sports or the t/a kdw's by far two of the best tires i have ran
                  www.metrodubs.com

Comment

I have them and they are junk i cant get any traction(350whp), ill be trying some V12 Evos soon.
                    http://i690.photobucket.com/albums/v.../5copy-1-1.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Spoolin View Post
                      I have them and they are junk i cant get any traction(350whp), ill be trying some V12 Evos soon.
                      While I personally disagree with your assessment of the T1R, I must say that that Hankook V12 has been getting a lot of fantastic reviews lately! I have been selling lots of them lately and the early response has been nothing short of stellar!
                      sigpic
                      Bay #6, 1303 44th ave NE
                      Calgary Alberta, T2E6L5
                      888.769.1772 Toll Free
                      403.769.1771 tel
                      403.769.1773 fax
                      bob@urbanexp.ca

Comment

we have them on our C4S in 19'
                        they handle really well, and not noisy at all.

T1R would outperform v12 anytime, i dont know if you are expecting it to perform like a slick, but its one of toyo's TOP performance tires. i would say it must be driver error( no offense).
                        Last edited by T-Dubbs; 06-05-2010, 01:44 PM.
                        ~~TODD~~
                        '12 x5 35d fully deleted (DUDMD Stg2)

Comment

I know my car is a fat pig, but according to APR I'm now at 380hp (I know, I know... APR numbers...) but I can barely get them loose. Almost never. I have noticed they'll let go in corners under full throttle more than when they were new, but every tire I've ever had did that as they got older. They're on their 3rd season now.

Comment

Originally posted by tirebob View Post
                            While I personally disagree with your assessment of the T1R, I must say that that Hankook V12 has been getting a lot of fantastic reviews lately! I have been selling lots of them lately and the early response has been nothing short of stellar!
                            I dont know, but 1st,2nd gears are useless with the T1R. They are not sticky enough..

Originally posted by T-Dubbs View Post
                            T1R would outperform v12 anytime, i dont know if you are expecting it to perform like a slick, but its one of toyo's TOP performance tires. i would say it must be driver error( no offense).
                            Have you tried T1R? if so on what car? Sure if you only have 150hp, you wont have any issues, but i have more then that.
                            I dont see how driver error can be the problem when i am just trying to feather the throttle to get some traction. With my current tune, my car is actually slower then stock off the line because i just spin so much.. what the point of even adding any more power if i cant get it to the ground..

Toyo is old technology, there are much better tires out there for a much better price now. Lots of reviews have rated other tires better then the Toyos. I might need to run a R compound tire if i want some real grip in 1'st and 2nd, but i do lots of highway driving and R compound is pretty expensive to burn away on a highway.

I dont have the Hankook on yet, but i was hoping they are better then my T1R's as i read reviews on C&D that they are comparable to the PS2's. A few other 335i owners that have run the T1R's and also run the V12 Evos, have said the Hankooks are better...

For $500/tire for the T1R vs. $200/tire for the V12 Evo, i cant go wrong. If they suck ill just sell them and try something else.
                            Last edited by Spoolin; 06-14-2010, 10:23 PM.
                            http://i690.photobucket.com/albums/v.../5copy-1-1.jpg

Comment

I dont know, but 1st,2nd gears are useless with the T1R. They are not sticky enough..

Have you tried T1R? if so on what car? Sure if you only have 150hp, you wont have any issues, but i have more then that.
                              I dont see how driver error can be the problem when i am just trying to feather the throttle to get some traction. With my current tune, my car is actually slower then stock off the line because i just spin so much.. what the point of even adding any more power if i cant get it to the ground..

Toyo is old technology, there are much better tires out there for a much better price now. Lots of reviews have rated other tires better then the Toyos. I might need to run a R compound tire if i want some real grip in 1'st and 2nd, but i do lots of highway driving and R compound is pretty expensive to burn away on a highway.

I dont have the Hankook on yet, but i was hoping they are better then my T1R's as i read reviews on C&D that they are comparable to the PS2's. A few other 335i owners that have run the T1R's and also run the V12 Evos, have said the Hankooks are better...

For $500/tire for the T1R vs. $200/tire for the V12 Evo, i cant go wrong. If they suck ill just sell them and try something else.
                              Well that right there is a main part of the issue... None of these tires are built for launching... They are built for handling... two completely different types of tires. When you have a high horsepower car and you are trying to get straight line traction, especially off the line and in the first couple gears, what is required for traction is a lot more than simply compound. You need soft sidewalls that are built to absorb torque or you will simply break them loose because the compund is not flexible enough buy itself to do this. The combination of casing sturcture AND compound makes the difference. Think of it on an extreme level such as a full blown drag tire like a wrinkle wall, vs a full blown road course tire which has super stiff sidewalls. One is made for lateral traction while the other is made for torque absortion...
                              sigpic
                              Bay #6, 1303 44th ave NE
                              Calgary Alberta, T2E6L5
                              888.769.1772 Toll Free
                              403.769.1771 tel
                              403.769.1773 fax
                              bob@urbanexp.ca

Comment

Working...
                              X