Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some advice/experiences on buying a 2005 A6

Hey guys,

I'm looking at a 2005 (C6) A6 3.2L, 117,000km, with NAV MMI, Bose etc... its loaded. The car is looking very sharp and I'm going to do a CarProof on it tomorrow. There are thorough maintenance records and it was done at the Edmonton Audi Dealership. Everything is solid, the spare rim is mint etc...

But during the test drive the "Park Brake Error" indicator came on and now of course my confidence is shaken.

The owner didn't know about it, and will have Audi fix it up before I buy it, but I just don't want "too" many headaches again like with my previous (B6) A4 (key errors - not starting, coolant sensor, etc) where problems are gonna crop up every 2 weeks.

The owner declined the Audi extended warranty - otherwise I'd jump right in.
    What are the odds of this car making through without too many problems (yes I realize that I'm talking about a used Audi afterall...where "extra" maintenance seems unavoidable) But any actual experience and advice is much appreciated

Re: Need some advice/experiences on buying a 2005 A6

Not too much to add, but my step-mother has had a 2007 A6 Avant 3.2 since new and it has been a relatively pain free experience. No major issues or big repairs to date. Not sure on the parking brake error, is it an electronic one?
    Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

The direct injection motors can have carbon issues, but that's about it. It's not gonna be fast, but should be surefooted in the snow and will be comfortable.
      2011 Frontier DD
      2007 BMW 5'er (wifey's)
      2004 Audi A4 1.8T 6spd FrankenTurbo & Meth

Comment

Ask the seller if he has had the injectors changed. Injectors are the most common issues with the 3.2 FSI and can be pretty pricey, carbon is rare but not unheard of. Otherwise A6 is fairly bulletproof for as far as Audis go.

Erik
        Service Manager
        Audi Royal Oak

403-374-5018
        erikk@royaloakaudi.com

Comment

Injectors okay. Will get him to check that. Yeah the car isn't very fast, but getting up to 100km on freeways and such didn't seem to be too much of problem. Although I noticed myself driving slower than usual...maybe its just more relaxing and calming - the owner had a Bocelli CD in the player that we discovered.

Just good to hear that there's no major issues, now to see if I can stomach all the little "bugs" that come and go

Comment

"Although I noticed myself driving slower than usual.."

You just do not feel the speed as on A4/S4, perhaps.

Comment

A6 is a heavier car, too. It's comforting driving something that feels solid though.
              Jess

2010 Jetta TDI 6 SPD - Stock Comfortline model

Comment

Working...
              X