No announcement yet.

And so begins the flaming of Autospeed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: And so begins the flaming of Autospeed.

Originally posted by ColinAndrews View Post
    LOL. I think you should take some time and go back through your posts on this website. The overwhelming majority of them are negative comments about ANYTHING & EVERYTHING.

It gets old pretty fast.

Take it from a guy who lost a lot of friends because he was negative about everything before changing his personality. I'm not trying to talk ****, but I've only been here a short while and your behavior/posts have had an impact.
    "Paranoia is just the eerie sensation of knowing you're right"

Comment

linked to b5 s4 / rs4 forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister T View Post
        I sense some tension here.
        Jess

2010 Jetta TDI 6 SPD - Stock Comfortline model

Comment

This is a seriously SH!TTY situation and I hope it works out for you...definately post this on QW as there are a ton of ASP nut-swingers there and I'm sure it'll stir the pot
          Kyle
          2000 Audi S4

Comment

Yes ASP did the stage III install on the car and the maintenance which is why now I feel like they omitted the damage on purpose for the seller. I should not have used them for the inspection.

It's amazing to me that some people are responding to this on other forums saying that nearly every B5 is like this and that Its totally fine.

I posted this on QuattroWorld and it got deleted...twice.

Comment

wtf

Comment

I posted in the Feedback section asking why it was deleted.. so we will see.

Im guessing its 'personal attacks' by listing shops workers. (Namely Mark?) I couldnt find the users agreement/rules, but they are firm on that. I think if you wrote it again stating facts with less insults it would be fine.
                Last edited by R-Audi; 08-11-2010, 05:59 PM.

Comment

Mark owns the business and did the inspection. His name should be all over it.

Comment

If the original purchaser had not requested a detailed PPI (that I'm sure he paid good money for) I could see this as being glossed over as it probably doesn't directly affect the functionality of the vehicle. However, based on the detail that was provided on the other sections of the report, I would have to say that ASP intentionally ignored it. There are two kinds of lying 1) direct falsification and 2) omission. In a court of law, lies of omission are tantamount to direct falsification.

I would say that the PPI is the damning evidence in this case. I would challenge ASP to provide a reasonable explanation as to how this damage was ommited in light of the details that they provided otherwise.

Although I realize that launching a lawsuit over the border may be a PITA, I would consider filing a suit against ASP. Given that you excersised due dilligence in requesting the PPE and ASP ommited crucial details, I would get an estimate on the repairs for the floor and bumper and ask that ASP be responsible for fixing them.

If ASP is a licenced facility, I'm sure that there is a legal expectation that they would report damages. If they "missed" it, then that's their fault, not yours. Fact is, you paid them to file a proper report and they failed in that respect. File it in small claims court and fight it yourself. You probably don't stand to loose much.

PS: Colin, how much did you pay for the PPI. If nothing else I would be asking for a refund on that one in light of these omissions.
                    Last edited by Mister T; 08-11-2010, 07:32 PM.

Comment

Where's the Quattroworld link?
                      Last edited by Mister T; 08-11-2010, 07:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ColinAndrews View Post
                        It's amazing to me that some people are responding to this on other forums saying that nearly every B5 is like this and that Its totally fine.
                        I read those comments in Audizine. Yeah, no. And let's say hypothetically that it is fairly common. So are rock chips, scuffs and small dings. I noticed that they didn't omit these. They only omitted the real tiny things like a cracked bumper and a damaged undercarriage.
                        Last edited by Ur0Drivr; 08-11-2010, 07:35 PM.
                        --
                        Rod
                        Ex-presidente

Drive

2016 VW Golf .:R

Drove
                        2001.5 Audi S4 / Santorin Blue STAGE II+ / JFonz Tuned

Comment

You should omit this guy's knees with a crowbar.

If he presses charges you could always claim that it's normal wear and tear for a man of his age.
                          Jess

2010 Jetta TDI 6 SPD - Stock Comfortline model

Comment

^^LOL I like that one.

Comment

Working...
                            X