PLEASE HELP...2000 S4 new purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PLEASE HELP...2000 S4 new purchase

I just bought a new 2000 S4 with upgraded turbo, clutch and exhaust.
    Needs rear driver side bearing done but the other issue is really bothering me.
    once the oil temp hits about 100 degress I start getting greyish heavy smoke out the back. Im pretty sure its oil.
    The guy i bought it off of says he is confident its a emulision sensor (ive never heard of this) my mechanic says the scan says i need a new N75 valve (see pics below). My mechanic also says theres no way this part is causing the smoke from the back.
    Im going tomorrow to spend some $$ on the part but would prefer spending money on something that causes the smoke.
    Link to image... its the part that has a electric connection and 3 hoses coming out of it.
    Thanks for help in advance.
    http://www.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=h...26tbs%3Disch:1

Re: PLEASE HELP...2000 S4 new purchase

The N75 valve controls the boost from the turbos, to put it simply. It's a good thing to replace when yours fails (if you want your car to run properly).

Check your spider hose (PCV system) and see if you have any kinks of anything in one of the hoses. You might also want to do a leak down test on the motor. Are you sure it's oil in the exhaust? Does it smell like oil? Did any other fault codes come up when he scanned the car?
    Jordan
    Jerbel Autowerks

Distributor of parts from:
    JAW, 034 Motorsport, Power Up Lubricants and OEM replacement parts
    (403) 690-7135
    jordan@jerbelautowerks.com

Comment

Correction it was a N80 valve and I replaced it today.....after replacing I got about 50 km with no smoke at all. Thought all was good untill i decided to punch it. Right after I punched it the smoke came back. Not sure if it is a coincidence or not but back to square one.
      Is there a PCV valve on the S4? If so where do I find it so I can take a look and also would it be worth dropping to lower intercooler pipes to drain any possible oil that built up?

Comment

I'm no expert, but burning oil= no good.
        I would say that checking the intercoolers hoses is a good idea.
        Keep an eye on your oil level too.

Comment

The PCV system runs through the "spider hose", which is on the back of the motor, and has about 5 hoses joining into one spot. Check and make sure that none of the hoses are kinked.
          Jordan
          Jerbel Autowerks

Distributor of parts from:
          JAW, 034 Motorsport, Power Up Lubricants and OEM replacement parts
          (403) 690-7135
          jordan@jerbelautowerks.com

Comment

Hey, Im the same person as Travis Munroe lol...different computer and could only remember my old username and have no clue what email i used for travismunroe.
            Either way, car is going in early next week for the bearing and smoke issue and Ill be selling the car. Ill let everyone know what it turned out to be for those who care.

Comment

your sign in name looks like a spam email.
              Jess

2010 Jetta TDI 6 SPD - Stock Comfortline model

Comment

Y are you selling the car? Don't let a little smoke scare you off.
                There is always light at the end of the tunnel

Comment

it can be a lonnggg tunnel
                  Kevin

2000 s4, Custom vast stg2+, piggie pipes, ssac catback, evoms intake, 710n's, eibach sportline springs, RS4 Reps, VDO boost guage

Comment

Originally posted by fazda View Post
                    it can be a lonnggg tunnel
                    lololololololololol.
                    Jess

2010 Jetta TDI 6 SPD - Stock Comfortline model

Comment

Working...
                    X