Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Call for volunteer(s)?

Hey guys,

just thought I'd ask if anyone wants to lend a hand while I swap my fuel pump tonight.

Beers on offer!
    Find me on Instagram @pry4sno

Candy White 2010 VW Golf Sportwagen TDI 6 speed /// #farmenwagen
    Indigo Pearl Effect 1992 80q 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled
    Brilliant Black 1990 Coupe quattro /// Because Racecar

Re: Call for volunteer(s)?

I met u at the audi dealership today. Thx for the great tips on my a4, wish i could help you out but im probably the least knowledgeable audi guy out there.thx

Comment

Too bad you're in Edmonton or I could've helped

Pat

His
      1989 Porsche Carrera 4 // 5 Speed // Guards Red

Hers
      1987 VW Cabriolet // 20VT // O2J // Recaros // Porsche Slate Grey // Ronal Turbos // FK Coilovers

2005 Porsche Cayenne S

Theirs
      1977 VW Type 2 Westfalia

Gone
      2004 Audi A4 1.8T // quattro // 6 Speed // Brilliant Red
      Fully built 1.8T || AEB || Motoza tuned || ID1000 || S4 MAF || GT3076R

Comment

Thanks for the offers guys my friend Ian came over yesterday and lent a hand... even bought pizza! I was rather surprised, and it was nice to have while we drank a case of beer.

For those who don't know I worked on it for a couple hours and was trying to be gentle but managed to snap off the plastic nipple on the top flange inside the fuel supply line. Long story short I had to buy a new OEM fuel pump assembly, discount courtesy of Jordan and picked up locally via Auto-Camping, just for the upper flange.

The supplied electrical connections were, to quote Ian, "bush-league." Once we'd struggled to remove the snapped supply nipple from inside the fuel supply line for a little bit Ian noticed that there are clips that actuate vertically to release. Oops. After that though, the pump went right in... fit was very smooth.

Fired up second try. Suppose I had to prime the crank. Idles smooth and strong seems to get quieter under load and is slightly more discernible than stock but only if you listen specifically.

So far, thumbs up for the 034 Motorsport upgraded drop-in pump though it could be better with upgraded electrical connectors and perhaps a new plastic fuel hose and/or upper flange.

Let me know if you want to buy a new VDO fuel pump for a 1.8t!
        Last edited by PRY4SNO; 08-29-2010, 07:31 PM.
        Find me on Instagram @pry4sno

Candy White 2010 VW Golf Sportwagen TDI 6 speed /// #farmenwagen
        Indigo Pearl Effect 1992 80q 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled
        Brilliant Black 1990 Coupe quattro /// Because Racecar

Comment

Working...
        X