b5 s4 fault codes help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: b5 s4 fault codes help?

...or you can just get Jordan to code out your EGT's and rear O2's and save some cash...

Comment

Originally posted by Thepooj View Post
      ...or you can just get Jordan to code out your EGT's and rear O2's and save some cash...
      thats what i was thinking, i know he can do it, but will it affect the milage and performance of the car?
      Kevin

2000 s4, Custom vast stg2+, piggie pipes, ssac catback, evoms intake, 710n's, eibach sportline springs, RS4 Reps, VDO boost guage

Comment

The rear O2's have zero effect on the car's mileage and performance. By coding out the rear O2's and the EGT's, you'll avoid having fault codes and CEL's from rear O2's sensors, and you'll avoid having the engine run poorly (and extremely rich) if/when the EGT's start to fail. Even if you replace the EGT's today, they'll eventually fail again. By coding them out, you never have to worry about it again. The only caveat is that I would not suggest coding out the EGT sensors if you do a lot of tracking or auto-crossing.

Just out of curiosity, what makes you think that you need new O2 sensors? Which sensors are you thinking of- the primary or secondary O2's?
        Jordan
        Jerbel Autowerks

Distributor of parts from:
        JAW, 034 Motorsport, Power Up Lubricants and OEM replacement parts
        (403) 690-7135
        jordan@jerbelautowerks.com

Comment

i have had a check engine light come one a few times and i beleive it was the second bank sensor which was causing the problem. Im not positive if thats the exact name of it but it was flaggin an o2 sensor.

i will definetly have you code out the 02's and egt's.

i wish i could remember the exact fault code, but i think it attributes to my poor milage, i dont do any autocross or tracking, never even been to the track with this car in my 4 years of owning it so that wont be an issue.
          Kevin

2000 s4, Custom vast stg2+, piggie pipes, ssac catback, evoms intake, 710n's, eibach sportline springs, RS4 Reps, VDO boost guage

Comment

OK, gotcha. Well you have 4 O2 sensors, the front (S1) sensors affect engine management, and the rear (S2) sensors are there strictly to give an indication of CAT efficiency and for emissions control. If you are getting a code for a front/primary O2 sensor, you'll need a new sensor. If it's a rear/secondary sensor, we can code those out, no problem.
            Jordan
            Jerbel Autowerks

Distributor of parts from:
            JAW, 034 Motorsport, Power Up Lubricants and OEM replacement parts
            (403) 690-7135
            jordan@jerbelautowerks.com

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan View Post
              yea no lies man.. the new o2s were awesome.. i do need to change my plugs too.. 6000k on the bkre 6's on a 2+.. i change them every oil change
              I seriously think that's going overboard.

Use a wire brush and clean 'em if they're just whitish, gap 'em and re-install.

Unless they're corroded to hell or something.
              Find me on Instagram @pry4sno

Candy White 2010 VW Golf Sportwagen TDI 6 speed /// #farmenwagen
              Indigo Pearl Effect 1992 80q 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled
              Brilliant Black 1990 Coupe quattro /// Because Racecar

Comment

Working...
              X