HPFP problems with 335i - pandemic or isolated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HPFP problems with 335i - pandemic or isolated

Hi, I'm looking at a 2007 335i and I'm super concerned about the high pressure fuel pump failure stories. In fact, I'm considering giving up on the 300hp and go down to the 328 for the extra reassurance. Has anyone here experienced this problem? Does BMW fix this as part of a recall or is this something akin to an Area 51 denial?

Thanks

Re: HPFP problems with 335i - pandemic or isolated

https://wiki.bentleypublishers.com/d...MW+335i,+335xi

I would call your local BMW dealer just to confirm
    Now offering detailing services!! http://www.gtrauto.ca/detailing-services.html

United Motorsport, Kerma TDI, KW, APR, COBB, Magnaflow, K&N, AFE, Motul, Lubromoly, Sonax, Air Lift, HPA, Ohlins, Klutch Wheels, Remus Exhaust

info@gtrauto.ca / www.gtrauto.ca / GTR Auto Facebook

Comment

It looks like there is an improved part# so if you are THAT concerned and you have the older fuel pump, just pony up and buy the new part yourself. I'd sooner do that than get a 328!

I'm sure if there is an improved newer part then that one will be fine.
      KR
      Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

328=the lame.. 335=fun times

Comment

are you looking at getting it from the dealer? have them sign a paper that says if you have a certain amount of trouble with the car they will buy it back for what you payed for it. See how willing they are to stand behind their product then.
          Eric..

Nobody knows everything, but everybody knows something you don't!

Comment

Natty54, thanks for the post. Seems like a problem thats well documented and certainly something that can one can hold BMW accountable for. While it will suck if it happens my gut is telling me that 335 is the way to go, why own a BMW coupe if its not gonna give you the thrills afterall. Either way, I'm guessing its going to be about the same as my previous B6 A4 to maintain anyways... (not too bad but not cheap either and some weird Gremlins now and then)

Off to the races we go! (well not literally...with "Big Ticket Event" signs everywhere...)

Thanks for the help guys!
            Last edited by eirjordan337; 09-14-2010, 02:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by eirjordan337 View Post
              Natty54, thanks for the post. Seems like a problem thats well documented and certainly something that can one can hold BMW accountable for. While it will suck if it happens my gut is telling me that 335 is the way to go, why own a BMW coupe if its not gonna give you the thrills afterall. Either way, I'm guessing its going to be about the same as my previous B6 A4 to maintain anyways... (not too bad but not cheap either and some weird Gremlins now and then)

Off to the races we go! (well not literally...with "Big Ticket Event" signs everywhere...)

Thanks for the help guys!

anytime and ya you will love the 335!
              Now offering detailing services!! http://www.gtrauto.ca/detailing-services.html

United Motorsport, Kerma TDI, KW, APR, COBB, Magnaflow, K&N, AFE, Motul, Lubromoly, Sonax, Air Lift, HPA, Ohlins, Klutch Wheels, Remus Exhaust

info@gtrauto.ca / www.gtrauto.ca / GTR Auto Facebook

Comment

Working...
              X