b5 s4 vs b5 A4 prices?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• b5 s4 vs b5 A4 prices?

i dunno if its just me but are the b5 a4's for sale on kijiji way over priced? I mean i look online and i see most of them going anywhere from 7500$-11,000$... then i type in b5 s4 and i see quite i few on they're selling for less than A4's, are they really worth that little these days or what? Im no genius but should'nt the s4's be selling for more?

FML, 4 years ago when i picked mine up it was damn near 30k now your telling me im lucky to get 7k for it.. I will probably never sell it because its worth ****.

this market is fucked, just needed to vent!
    Last edited by fazda; 09-15-2010, 12:10 PM.
    Kevin

2000 s4, Custom vast stg2+, piggie pipes, ssac catback, evoms intake, 710n's, eibach sportline springs, RS4 Reps, VDO boost guage

Re: b5 s4 vs b5 A4 prices?

I want a b5 a4. :(

Comment

I think it depends on the condition of the S4.. if its beat, needs the TB replaced... turbos are shot.. you would be lucky to give it away! (Not like that one for 16 that needs turbos)

Comment

i'm sure a lot of s4's have been driven into the ground as well.
        Jess

2010 Jetta TDI 6 SPD - Stock Comfortline model

Comment

I got my B5 A4 for 9g's maybe 6 months ago, but it was fully loaded with 94,000km's and it was mint. I was happy for that price.
          Ryan
          Old & Sold:
          2002 Jetta 1.8T
          2001 A4 1.8T

Current:
          2000 Audi S3 Imola Yellow
          2015 Fusion 2.0L Turbo AWD

Comment

lol fazda you don't want to know what i paid for mine back in the day then!

i wouldn't buy a b5 a4 unless it was 1500.00 !

nah great winter car tho

Comment

it just seems the market is **** for these cars, my car is fully maintained, lots of records, never raced... (to hard lol) must of spent 10k in maintenance over the past for years and thats doing most of the work myself, other than the TB and whatnot, and its only got 140k on the clock, i think i'd be lucky to get 8 for it. i look at cars like mazda mx6's and **** like that which are 15+ years old selling for 6k+ and our cars are only worth a couple more grand, just doesnt seem right. lol dang resale value blows!

ill keep it till it dies , stg2+ for a daily tiptronic will be enough until i get my stg3 6spd next year hopefully.

edit, i dont mean any disrespect to a4's either but a car that cost 20k more new should be worth a little more one would think.
              Last edited by fazda; 09-15-2010, 03:01 PM.
              Kevin

2000 s4, Custom vast stg2+, piggie pipes, ssac catback, evoms intake, 710n's, eibach sportline springs, RS4 Reps, VDO boost guage

Comment

Yeah the price ranges are all over the place for S4's... If I were to sell mine it would have to be around $20k with all my goodies.

Comment

Hey, if any of you fellas feel like giving away your tired, beat up S4 that needs turbos and a TB, I'd be HAPPY to take your piece of crap off your driveway.

On a more serious note, when the border opened up and the B5 S4 could be imported from the US, the value dropped dramatically because of the sudden jump in supply.
                  Jordan
                  Jerbel Autowerks

Distributor of parts from:
                  JAW, 034 Motorsport, Power Up Lubricants and OEM replacement parts
                  (403) 690-7135
                  jordan@jerbelautowerks.com

Comment

Originally posted by R-Audi View Post
                    I think it depends on the condition of the S4.. if its beat, needs the TB replaced... turbos are shot.. you would be lucky to give it away! (Not like that one for 16 that needs turbos)
                    I saw that one for 16K that needed turbos

Just out of curiosity, any idea what the labor hours would be for turbo replacement on a S4 at say a dealer or VW/Audi garage?
                    97 GTI VR6

Comment

Originally posted by Dubcentric View Post
                      Just out of curiosity, any idea what the labor hours would be for turbo replacement on a S4 at say a dealer or VW/Audi garage?
                      Get your wallet out.

Full pop retail no discounts 24.5 hours.

Labour and parts puts you north of $6500 for just turbos.

I honestly don't remember the last time I retailed someone on turbos though.

Erik
                      Service Manager
                      Audi Royal Oak

403-374-5018
                      erikk@royaloakaudi.com

Comment

I think Jordan estimates ~12 hours depending on what you need done?

You can get K04's for ~2500.. fueling for another 2k. Then clutch.. hopefully exhaust, Intercoolers etc
                        Last edited by R-Audi; 09-15-2010, 05:30 PM.

Comment

i think MOST of the b5 s4 guys here are keeping theirs until they die.. and then they'll rebuild/fix what can be fixed..

i plan on getting a new s4 or s5 in another year or so and i'm keeping the b5

Comment

ya the b5 is sweet. i might sell next year cut my loses on my tip and buy a nice b5 6spd keep it forever because they are timeless, and much like you i will be buying a new one but most likly a q5
                            Kevin

Comment

Yeah, if you just wanted to replace the turbos and nothing else, then it would likely take around 12-18 hours, depending on how many siezed and stripped bolts you run into. The fastest that I've pulled a 2.7T is 3 hours and 14 minutes, start to finish, and it would probably have been quicker if I had a lift. The average is more like 6-7 hours. Count on another 5-8 hours to re-install the motor, and then an hour or two to install the turbos.

The problem is that nobody wants to just replace the turbos. While you have the motor out, you'd be foolish to install a fresh set of K03's. And if you're going to install K04's, then you need inlets, an upgraded clutch...while the motor is out you might as well do motor mounts, trans mounts, etc. It just adds up from there. Most people end up making a pretty big investment if they're going to pay for their motor to be pulled.
                              Last edited by The_Jerbel; 09-15-2010, 07:19 PM.
                              Jordan
                              Jerbel Autowerks

Distributor of parts from:
                              JAW, 034 Motorsport, Power Up Lubricants and OEM replacement parts
                              (403) 690-7135
                              jordan@jerbelautowerks.com

Comment

Working...
                              X