Question for B6/B7 S4 Drivers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for B6/B7 S4 Drivers.

Hi, my question for any 4.2L S4 drivers is what rates are you getting for fuel consumption? I am wondering how much different it is from the 11.5 L/100 kms (20.4 mpg) I am getting at the moment (all city).

Thanks
    John
    1986 Meteor Grey Metallic Squashed VW Beetle
    2011 Mineral Grey Durango R/T AWD

Re: Question for B6/B7 S4 Drivers.

On audizine people are saying ~18mpg with some spirited driving mostly city.
    Find me on Instagram @pry4sno

Candy White 2010 VW Golf Sportwagen TDI 6 speed /// #farmenwagen
    Indigo Pearl Effect 1992 80q 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled
    Brilliant Black 1990 Coupe quattro /// Because Racecar

Comment

probably like 12l/100km on the cluster i'm guessing..

that 4.2 is so fun to drive.. its a different beast than my 2.7t

Comment

That's not too bad actually; better than I thought. Certainly not going earn me hugs from greenpeace but not that different than my current mildly poor consumption.
        John

Comment

That's better than I get with my B5 S4. This thing drinks gas like crazy on my commute to and from work.

FWIW i looked up the EPA ratings for the 4.2 and the 2.7T and they are only 2MPG apart.

Comment

lol colin
            9.4L/100km i show on my cluster

Comment

lol best I have managed is 16MPG. All city, 3.2 KM to work, 3.2km back.
              2015 Audi RS7, Sepang Blue, Carbon Optic Package, Performance Package, Driver Assistant Plus Package, Black Alcantara Headliner
              2015 Audi A3, Glut Orange, 2.0 TFSI Technik, S Line Package - Wife's
              2006 Audi S4, Sprint Blue Pearl, 6 Speed Manual Transmission, Navigation - SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan View Post
                lol colin
                yea me too
                Team Highschool
                Twin Turbo Turbo Smurf Avant

www.ctsturbo.com - the home for all your turbo needs. PM me for details.

Comment

really andrew?

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan View Post
                    lol colin
                    City driving? So you're getting 600KM out of a tank all city?

Sounds like something must be broken on my car, lol.

I should probably run some logs again and see what she's saying to me, but the mileage has been pretty poor for what it is.

The EPA rating is 17MPG city from what I've read which is bang on what I'm getting so I figured it must be right.

62L / 3.78L/gal = 16.4 Gallons X 17MPG = 278 miles X 1.6 = 446KM

I get 450 like clockwork.

I passed on a V8 S4 because I thought the mileage would kill me. Turns out I could have eaten it just fine, haha.
                    Last edited by ColinAndrews; 09-17-2010, 05:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ColinAndrews View Post
                      City driving? So you're getting 600KM out of a tank all city?

Sounds like something must be broken on my car, lol.

I should probably run some logs again and see what she's saying to me, but the mileage has been pretty poor for what it is.

The EPA rating is 17MPG city from what I've read which is bang on what I'm getting so I figured it must be right.

62L / 3.78L/gal = 16.4 Gallons X 17MPG = 278 miles X 1.6 = 446KM

I get 450 like clockwork.

I passed on a V8 S4 because I thought the mileage would kill me. Turns out I could have eaten it just fine, haha.
                      How hard do you drive it? If I try modestly hard I can see 9.5l/100kms in my car in which I am currently averaging 11.5 or worse. And I am not pounding the hell out of it either. Driving style is pretty influential if your car is mildly predisposed to bad gas mileage. I am lead foot but no racer. If I beat on it it shoots up to 15ish pretty easy.
                      Last edited by JPO; 09-23-2010, 07:38 AM.
                      John

Comment

i get 480-550km/tank on average.. depends on the week

my daily/weekend driving

airdrie-downtown calgary 4 days a week
                        then downtown to the NE or NW and back home from there 3-5x a week..
                        and vise versa.. airdrie to NE/NW then downtown and home

weekends... all over the place to calgary or whever to

so really its oh 75% highway i'm guessing

i'm OK with the mileage i get.. i know its not a corolla lol

Comment

Originally posted by JPO View Post
                          How hard do you drive it? If I try modestly hard I can see 9.5l/100kms in my car in which I am currently averaging 11.5 or worse. And I am not pounding the hell out of it either. Driving style is pretty influential if your car is mildly predisposed to bad gas mileage. I am lead foot but no racer. If I beat on it it shoots up to 15ish pretty easy.
                          Not hard at all. Right now I'm so busy with work that I only drive the car to commute. My commute is 15 min and my oil temp doesn't even come up during that time so I don't even do into boost really. So basically all city, no ragging on it, occasional stop and go traffic if i leave work at 5 and not 6:30 and I get ~450KM a tank.

I bought a 400+HP car and basically drive it like a corolla right now. Comedy.

Comment

Is your car Stage 3 or 3-?

When you run larger-than-stock fuel injectors, your fuel ecomony tends to go down a little
                            Jordan
                            Jerbel Autowerks

Distributor of parts from:
                            JAW, 034 Motorsport, Power Up Lubricants and OEM replacement parts
                            (403) 690-7135
                            jordan@jerbelautowerks.com

Comment

The car has RS4 injectors. That's probably partly to blame for the **** fuel economy. I don't really care that its bad, although I'd be lying if I hadn't thought a couple of times "****, I could have bought a B7 S4"

I more think getting rubbish fuel economy sucks when I don't get to have any fun with the car. That's a product of work right now though. Once my schedule clears a little and I can take her out for a nice drive with this cold air I'm sure I'll enjoy buring off half a tank.

Comment

Working...
                              X