APR B7 RS4 supercharger kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• APR B7 RS4 supercharger kit

19000.00 US!!!!!!!!!!!! what in the MF!!??

555hp

http://www.goapr.com/products/stage3_b7_rs4.html

Re: APR B7 RS4 supercharger kit

BORING

How can anyone honestly invest that type of money in something like that?
    Jess

2010 Jetta TDI 6 SPD - Stock Comfortline model

Comment

Originally posted by luunta View Post
      BORING

They make TOO MUCH MONEY...or daddy's really loose with allowance!!! LOL
      Hers 2009 Audi A4 6sp manual
      Mine....2005 Golf TDI, VNT 17, Malone tuned stage 4, Spec stage 2 clutch, FMIC, Ventectomy, NewSouth gauges, BuzzKen 2.5 turbo back exhaust, Evolution Skidplate, Helix OEM Reps retrofitted with Morimoto Bixenon mini's, ST coils, colour matched Huffs. Frostheater

Comment

Originally posted by luunta View Post
        BORING

Well then surely you'll find the B7 RS4 supercharger kit by MTM stultifying.

clicky

If I were throwing that kind of cash around might as well pay twice as much for less power.
        Find me on Instagram @pry4sno

Candy White 2010 VW Golf Sportwagen TDI 6 speed /// #farmenwagen
        Indigo Pearl Effect 1992 80q 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled
        Brilliant Black 1990 Coupe quattro /// Because Racecar

Comment

Ouch!

We've done a few of the RS4 PES kit's for less than the APR kit, they haul ass now!! Definitely worth it on the RS4.
          Tunerworks Performance Inc.
          Please email sales@tunerworks.com for pricing
          .: TUNERWORKSTORQUE .:. Blog .:. Facebook .:. FlickeFlu .:. Flickr .:. YouTube .:. Kijiji Clearance :.
          STaSIS / Eurojet / GIAC / HRE / Modulare / BBS / WORK / RENNTech / TechArt / Brabus / Akrapovic / AWE / Fabspeed / Milltek / Hotchkis / MEC Design / KW Suspension / Novitec / Kahn Design / QuickSilver / RSC / StopTech / Brembo / AP Racing / Vorsteiner & more!

Comment

Even after spending 10's of thousands of dollars, the 4.2 still can't match the potential of the 2.7T

They should have skipped the supercharger and made the B8 a turbocharged 3.0L...
            Jordan
            Jerbel Autowerks

Distributor of parts from:
            JAW, 034 Motorsport, Power Up Lubricants and OEM replacement parts
            (403) 690-7135
            jordan@jerbelautowerks.com

Comment

id perfer a centrifugal(sp) s/c
              but sadly they dont exist :(
              ~~TODD~~
              '12 x5 35d fully deleted (DUDMD Stg2)

Comment

Why would you prefer a cent over a twin? *just curious, not trying to question you but typically it is the other way around*
                Last edited by AllGo'n'Show; 09-19-2010, 03:37 PM.
                Tunerworks Performance Inc.
                Please email sales@tunerworks.com for pricing
                .: TUNERWORKSTORQUE .:. Blog .:. Facebook .:. FlickeFlu .:. Flickr .:. YouTube .:. Kijiji Clearance :.
                STaSIS / Eurojet / GIAC / HRE / Modulare / BBS / WORK / RENNTech / TechArt / Brabus / Akrapovic / AWE / Fabspeed / Milltek / Hotchkis / MEC Design / KW Suspension / Novitec / Kahn Design / QuickSilver / RSC / StopTech / Brembo / AP Racing / Vorsteiner & more!

Comment

Originally posted by The_Jerbel View Post
                  Even after spending 10's of thousands of dollars, the 4.2 still can't match the potential of the 2.7T

They should have skipped the supercharger and made the B8 a turbocharged 3.0L...
                  Yup. The RS4 or S4 with a 4.2 are clearly not the car to buy if you want power. That price is RIDICULOUS, and I'm starting to find APRs claims a little suspect.

The graph they posted for the 0-60 time improvement is bordering on unethical, and their stock RS4 dyno shows 378ft/lbs of torque. Yeah right....
                  Last edited by ColinAndrews; 09-19-2010, 05:32 PM.

Comment

You guys have obviously not seen SC prices for R8s.....
                    Blair
                    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Seems to be a lot of negative feedback with most the superchargers on the market now (mainly VF and PES, choosing the S/C (M90) that is maxed out at the current levels ) it will be interesting to get real world feedback on this one!
                      APR's fit and finish is usually second to none.. I expect it would be heads and shoulders above the PES units. Whether its worth 19k is a different story.

Comment

yea APRs quality is top notch.. but 19k MY GOD! you could buy a stage 3 b5 s4 for a second car and keep your b7 rs4 LOL

Comment

Originally posted by ColinAndrews View Post
                          Yup. The RS4 or S4 with a 4.2 are clearly not the car to buy if you want power. That price is RIDICULOUS, and I'm starting to find APRs claims a little suspect.

The graph they posted for the 0-60 time improvement is bordering on unethical, and their stock RS4 dyno shows 378ft/lbs of torque. Yeah right....
                          I've maintained for quite a while that APR's figures have been sketchy. Then again, so are a lot of tuner's claims. I guess there's lying and then there's marketing. It's just that it seems like it's getting hard to tell the difference.
                          "Paranoia is just the eerie sensation of knowing you're right"

Comment

Originally posted by Mister T View Post
                            I've maintained for quite a while that APR's figures have been sketchy. Then again, so are a lot of tuner's claims. I guess there's lying and then there's marketing. It's just that it seems like it's getting hard to tell the difference.
                            Get back to studying!
                            --
                            Rod
                            Ex-presidente

Drive

2016 VW Golf .:R

Drove
                            2001.5 Audi S4 / Santorin Blue STAGE II+ / JFonz Tuned

Comment

Originally posted by ColinAndrews View Post

you are all so cute . the 4.2 has power delivery you spunk about at night . the 2.7 has potential but also very troubled when you get the power out of it . the 1.8t and 2.0t are still the car to do if you want to really screw with a power plant . they can make 500 plus . but everything is easy to get to /...( if its not in a tt) why do you think the major hp players in the states and around the world are beginning to put the 2.7 in pile behind the shop . and transplanting the vr into their s4s . but don't say the 4.2 is not a powerful car . my wagon out of the box will do a 12.8 1/4 .the 4.2 can take a steady abuse and no turbo lag . no leaking vac lines . no blown ko3s, . . just consistent day in day out performance and reliability . also at 19,000 for this blower is all relevant . you spend 15,000 on a b5 s4 put 6-7 k into a stage 3+ its like 50% of the cars value you just spent upgrading one thing buy the time you add all the parts needed to update all the failing parts on the old girl like door latches arm rest ,glove box door, gauge clusters ,brakes suspension ,rust repair ( don't act like they don't need it they are a b5) you will be at like 45-50k . , .... you take a rs4 45-50k nothing . and i mean nothing needs to be done to any part of this car for brakes suspension or seats or exhaust , and you add 19,000 for this blower kit . you have a super car . 0-60 under 4 sec , and reliable , not to mention the car is still worth 45-50 k , not a $15,000 b5 s4 . I think the 2.7 is a fine engine but its not the super god you guys think it is . let it go .even audi thinks the turbos crammed in there was a bad idea . enter stage right 3.0t
                              Last edited by turbomeyers; 09-23-2010, 10:34 AM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X