b5 s4 alternator question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• b5 s4 alternator question?

Well it appears the fricking day before i was to see jordan to get my car tuned my alternator Sh*t the bed! FML, how hard are these to replace and what costs as i going to be looking at.

I was driving for about 20 minutes noticed my voltage was at about 11. Then i hit a stop sign and it went right back up... thought it was odd. driving home after my stop i noticed it dipped to about 10, and then 8 at which point i got home shut it off, tried to restart it and it was completely dead.!!

why do these cars like to F*ck with us and always test to the point where you want to take a match to it!
    ugh! hopin a belt went too dark to tell.. what other things could it be! there were no other issues up until today when the battery light came on!
    Kevin

2000 s4, Custom vast stg2+, piggie pipes, ssac catback, evoms intake, 710n's, eibach sportline springs, RS4 Reps, VDO boost guage

Re: b5 s4 alternator question?

They are not cheap, but the good news is that the install only takes about 40 minutes
    I may appear to be nice, but don't be fooled, I probably don't like you

Comment

lol **** and sweet... by not cheap what are we talking? i need to get it in before tomorrow evening so i can make it to calgary fack.
      Kevin

2000 s4, Custom vast stg2+, piggie pipes, ssac catback, evoms intake, 710n's, eibach sportline springs, RS4 Reps, VDO boost guage

Comment

if you could wait i was going to say try shokan for a decent used one even

Comment

ya? ill send him a pm, im supposed to be at jordans for 7:30 tomorrow night. damn thing!
          Kevin

Comment

when mine **** the bed , i just had it rebuilt for 150 bucks down on edm trail, its worked awesome ever since. took it in and had it re build then in stalled it all in the same day.
            2016 VW GTI (Stock)
            2016 VW Jetta 1.4T (Stock)
            1994 Audi UrS4 - BW S257 SX-E built engine on VEMs.
            2001 Audi S4 - K04s, J-Fonz Tuned ( Gone! Dropped valve)

Comment

i just about got it out, removed the intercooler shrouds, now how the hell do i get the rad support to come forward, i removed plugs at the top and the two bolts from the rad support but what else needs to come off?
              Kevin

Comment

**** just realized all the t-45 torx bolts gotta come out! looks like im going to can tire.
                Kevin

Comment

I believe they're actually T-47. Either way, buy both T-45 and T-47. The T-45 is used all over the place on your car.
                  Jordan
                  Jerbel Autowerks

Distributor of parts from:
                  JAW, 034 Motorsport, Power Up Lubricants and OEM replacement parts
                  (403) 690-7135
                  jordan@jerbelautowerks.com

Comment

ya i picked up a kit, im half way there. lol i will let you know what it is right away jordan,
                    Kevin

Comment

how many bolts are on the alternator and whats the best way to get the belt off?

defiently a noob at most of this **** on this car forsure, i got the one torx bolt i could see which is a 50, what else is there?
                      Kevin

Comment

2 bolts on the alt. Use a 17mm wrench or socket and pull up on the stud on the belt tensioner to relieve the pressure on the belt. Then make sure you put a nail or something in the tensioner locking hole so you don't hyper-extend the spring.

Pull the bumper. Remove the 7 T-47 torx bolts holding the bumper shocks to the frame rails. Remove the 2 top T-30 bolts from each side of the rad support and the 1 T-30 from the side of the fender on each side. Then the rad support can be put into service position. Remove the charge air hose from the bottom of the IC, and the alt. should be able to slide out at that point.
                        Jordan
                        Jerbel Autowerks

Distributor of parts from:
                        JAW, 034 Motorsport, Power Up Lubricants and OEM replacement parts
                        (403) 690-7135
                        jordan@jerbelautowerks.com

Comment

jordan, its a Valeo need one!!!
                          Last edited by fazda; 10-02-2010, 01:11 PM.
                          Kevin

Comment

i have a use alternator if you want
                            $50
                            Last edited by Polishdupa; 10-03-2010, 05:52 PM.
                            Work in progress 3.0 liter S4 build

Comment

you do? where in edmonton are you? can i pick it up tomorrow?

also is it a bosch? or valeo?

you got pms..
                              Last edited by fazda; 10-03-2010, 08:09 PM.
                              Kevin

Comment

Working...
                              X