Re: 1M review

my tdi could do that with the speedo on a dyno too
    2002 VW Golf GT TDI
    2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

Originally posted by bart View Post
      then it all goes boom
      You thought basic bolton mods for a n54 was going to go boom, look at what AR Design are doing:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=446779

Scary!

Pump gas and no meth! ^_^
      Last edited by QuA; 10-26-2010, 12:17 AM.
      2008 BMW 135i | M Package | JB3 | DCI | BMW Performance Exhaust

Comment

Originally posted by Speed Cat View Post
        I was not aware of the carbon issue, HPFP yes, but for me nothing

My car is still pulling very hard...
        http://jalopnik.com/5673591/how-fans...ulty-fuel-pump
        2002 VW Golf GT TDI
        2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

Originally posted by QuA View Post
          You thought basic bolton mods for a n54 was going to go boom, look at what AR Design are doing:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=446779

Scary!

Pump gas and no meth! ^_^
          All this power is nice, however if you cant hook up it means nothing..

With this kind of power your going to need an LSD, and 275Min on the back for sure...

im running about 350Hp to the wheels with 255 on the back, with no LSD.. traction is a problem already..

With the new Wide body + 275 rubber stock on the back on the New 1M will give this car just what it needs..
          Last edited by Speed Cat; 10-26-2010, 05:32 PM.
          12 VW Golf
          09 BMW 135i
          07 MKV GTI
          03 Jetta GLI
          01 Jetta GLS
          90 Jetta GL

Comment

hahaha thats awesome! at least it wasn't like my coilpack failure on crowchild, that wasn't fun.

Hmmm I cant seem to avoid mass recall problems with any turbo vehicle :(

Comment

All this power is nice, however if you cant hook up it means nothing..

With this kind of power your going to need an LSD, and 275Min on the back for sure...

im running about 350Hp to the wheels with 255 on the back, with no LSD.. traction is a problem already..

With the new Wide body + 275 rubber stock on the back on the New 1M will give this car just what it needs..
              True, I'm not sure how much I'm pushing after jb3/dci/bmw pe, but its definitely tough to get traction.

That M1 is just pure hotness, larger rear with the 275's will be definitely nice.

What mods have ya done?
              Last edited by QuA; 10-27-2010, 12:54 AM.

Comment

True, I'm not sure how much I'm pushing after jb3/dci/bmw pe, but its definitely tough to get traction.

That M1 is just pure hotness, larger rear with the 275's will be definitely nice.

What mods have ya done?
                Do you drive a white 135i
                12 VW Golf
                09 BMW 135i
                07 MKV GTI
                03 Jetta GLI
                01 Jetta GLS
                90 Jetta GL

Comment

Do you drive a white 135i
                  Yupsh!

Comment

Yupsh!

Do you live in garrison ??
                    12 VW Golf
                    09 BMW 135i
                    07 MKV GTI
                    03 Jetta GLI
                    01 Jetta GLS
                    90 Jetta GL

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXKv_-nBDoU
                      2002 VW Golf GT TDI
                      2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

Do you live in garrison ??
                        Off macleod in the London condos.

Comment

Those S4 B8's are awesome! Super quick but looks like an A4.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOh-WwIlrmk&feature=fvst

Thats nicer

Comment

Well rumors now suggest 450hp for this bad boy!!

The BMW 1-Series M Coupe teaser campaign continues. This time it consists of testimonials from (biased?) BMW enthusiasts.

Here is a video of the few individuals selected to test drive the upcoming BMW 1-Series M Coupe even before the automaker is ready to show us what it will look like without any camouflage.

The chosen ones come from a group of customers (at least half are members of the 1addicts.com BMW forum site), hand-picked by BMW and brought to Leipzig for the test drives.

Naturally, all the comments by the participants on the video are very positive but its hard to see how the 1-Series M Coupe is shaping up as anything other than a solid M-badge worthy model.

You can see photos and read more about some of the customer experiences at 1addicts.com.

Elsewhere in the realm of the 1addicts forum, another bomb got dropped today.

While performing research on an ECU flash upgrade, member Dakelone stumbled across an official BMW product sheet listing all of the 1-Series engines.

The last three listings show the 1-Series M Coupe code named "Pyrat" outputting 250 kW (340 PS / 335 bhp) with the twin-turbo inline six-cylinder N54B3OTO (aka N54) engine. Curiously, the last listing shows a U.S. specified model with 332 kW (451 PS / 445 bhp).

With both Euro and U.S. models showing the same engine code, Dakelone jumps to the conclusion that only an ECU upgrade is responsible for the 110 horsepower increase on the U.S. spec model. But this remains suspicious as the U.S. model is significantly more powerful than it's European home market unit - which never happens. Even if it's a limited production model it seems unlikely. This engine for the next generation BMW M3 is a different story though.

Another interesting observation from the alleged product sheet is the listing of a 135iS model U.S. spec for 2012. Unfortunately it lists power output at 225 kW (306 PS) with the single turbo N55 engine, which is a shame as the same engine in the Z4 sDrive35is pumps out 250 kW (340 PS / 335 bhp).
                            Blair
                            Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

I am still skeptical but WOW - 445 bhp with wider tires and proper diff/suspension would make for a phenomenal 1-series! Lets hope that it comes to Canada with that much power too.

Comment

Originally posted by DubSport View Post
                                I am still skeptical but WOW - 445 bhp with wider tires and proper diff/suspension would make for a phenomenal 1-series! Lets hope that it comes to Canada with that much power too.

Even if it does not, Dinan will offer software upgrade for it anyway...

You might even see with a stage 2 flash this car hitting close to 450HP
                                Last edited by Speed Cat; 11-28-2010, 03:36 PM.
                                12 VW Golf
                                09 BMW 135i
                                07 MKV GTI
                                03 Jetta GLI
                                01 Jetta GLS
                                90 Jetta GL

Comment

Working...
                                X