Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good repair shop in Edmonton?

Hey,

Anyone recommend a good independent repair shop in Edmonton with decent rates? I have a b7 A4 that has a bad oil leak..=\

Thanks,

Re: Good repair shop in Edmonton?

Punch Buggies in the east end. $95/Hr

Eurasia in south central. $110/hr

Leung's Auto by the airport. $75/hr
    -Stefan- '02 S6 Atlas Grey

'01 A6 2.7T MT --- Sold
    '95 GTI 2.slo --- Sold

Need Radio Removal Keys, VAG-Com? PM Me

Comment

Expensive isn't always the best, but why Leung's? He actually does alot of B6-B7 Audi's?

Comment

not westside automotive
        2016 VW GTI (Stock)
        2016 VW Jetta 1.4T (Stock)
        1994 Audi UrS4 - BW S257 SX-E built engine on VEMs.
        2001 Audi S4 - K04s, J-Fonz Tuned ( Gone! Dropped valve)

Comment

your b7 is already off warranty? i always like eurasia if i absolutely can't fix it, but they are pricey
          Kevin

2000 s4, Custom vast stg2+, piggie pipes, ssac catback, evoms intake, 710n's, eibach sportline springs, RS4 Reps, VDO boost guage

Comment

A little bit out of the way, south of Edmonton, but you can give this guy a try. He used to be the shop foreman at Edmonton BMW, and I beleive his shop rate is $85.

http://www.triskaauto.ca/index.html

Comment

Thanks for the help guys!

Comment

I've actually heard good things about Westside I think it's down to the individual and the work to be done. * haven't been there myself though, but Rob was good to deal with on the phone regarding tuning.
                Find me on Instagram @pry4sno

Candy White 2010 VW Golf Sportwagen TDI 6 speed /// #farmenwagen
                Indigo Pearl Effect 1992 80q 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled
                Brilliant Black 1990 Coupe quattro /// Because Racecar

Comment

Do not go to westside!! My friends had the worst experience with them i don`t know if its appropriate to say exactly what happened. I dont want to get banned for talking bad about them.
                  Custom Built Single Turbo S4

Comment

i'm always thumbs up for autobahn... they have ALOT of patients and they are honest. I'm sure.. no i know im one of the pain in the ass customers too hehe.
                    Yes... it is a Front Wheel Drive... your point?

Comment

anyone can sound all good and nice on the phone, just wait till your car comes back in peices and not working... i will for ever regret getting any work done there... after a month and getting a stage 3 minus done, im still finding stings wrong, that was over a year ago, they massively over charged me on all parts, they did not install parts i bought and kept them. NEVER GO TO WESTSIDE
                      Originally posted by PRY4SNO View Post
                      I've actually heard good things about Westside I think it's down to the individual and the work to be done. * haven't been there myself though, but Rob was good to deal with on the phone regarding tuning.
                      2016 VW GTI (Stock)

Comment

pm me and tell me what happen to your friends car, im interested to know. thank you
                        Originally posted by Mikekrus View Post
                        Do not go to westside!! My friends had the worst experience with them i don`t know if its appropriate to say exactly what happened. I dont want to get banned for talking bad about them.
                        2016 VW GTI (Stock)

Comment

^^^ Fair enough... but I had a good, longstanding relationship with a 403 tuner (of whom many on this site are fanboys) and he's at least partly responsible for my 1.8t getting fragged a couple weekends ago. Over a stage 2 flash. For which he overcharged by 50%. After I'd personally sent four people there for service and parts. So seemingly good relationships can sour at anytime. Without warning.

As it is, I'll be rebuilding the A4 myself. Where I need help, I'll be asking Mike to lend a hand. He's always been super helpful and accommodating before. So to the OP I'd suggest Mike(rus) if you're not looking to pay out the nose.

PS

Mike at Autobahn was very accommodating to deal with regarding the purchase of my parts car.
                          Last edited by PRY4SNO; 10-22-2010, 08:39 PM.
                          Find me on Instagram @pry4sno

Candy White 2010 VW Golf Sportwagen TDI 6 speed /// #farmenwagen
                          Indigo Pearl Effect 1992 80q 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled
                          Brilliant Black 1990 Coupe quattro /// Because Racecar

Comment

You're doing the work yourself? Good on you, but please email me and tell me what happened after the initial diagnosis. I'm curious to hear how everything has turned out so far.
                            Jordan
                            Jerbel Autowerks

Distributor of parts from:
                            JAW, 034 Motorsport, Power Up Lubricants and OEM replacement parts
                            (403) 690-7135
                            jordan@jerbelautowerks.com

Comment

Originally posted by PRY4SNO View Post
                              ^^^ Fair enough... but I had a good, longstanding relationship with a 403 tuner (of whom many on this site are fanboys) and he's at least partly responsible for my 1.8t getting fragged a couple weekends ago. Over a stage 2 flash. For which he overcharged by 50%. After I'd personally sent four people there for service and parts. So seemingly good relationships can sour at anytime. Without warning.

As it is, I'll be rebuilding the A4 myself. Where I need help, I'll be asking Mike to lend a hand. He's always been super helpful and accommodating before. So to the OP I'd suggest Mike(rus) if you're not looking to pay out the nose.

PS

Mike at Autobahn was very accommodating to deal with regarding the purchase of my parts car.
                              Mark not Mike.

Comment

Working...
                              X