Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My car isn't healthy. Logs Inside. Maybe a fried ECU?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My car isn't healthy. Logs Inside. Maybe a fried ECU?

So far this website has been super helpful so I was hoping some of you might cast an eye over my logs from the other night. The information the car is giving me is starting to give me makes almost no sense.

Combine the erratic logs I have with a fault code related to my ECU, and the throttle valve controller fault code and I'm starting to think the water that got into my ECU box before i bought the car fried the ECU.

I got...
    P18265/P1857 Load Signal Error From ECU
    P18256/P1848 Check DTC of Memory Controller.
    P17953/P1545 Throttle Valve Controller Malfunction

Here is a link to the spreadsheets from my logs. My timing varies from -24 to +42 And my 02 values are all over the place

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...lE&hl=en#gid=0

If the ECU was trashed it would explain all my isses, but it's not exactly one that I can test easily.

Re: My car isn't healthy. Logs Inside. Maybe a fried ECU?

I'll have a full Stage 3 ECU plus hardware for sale shortly....

You'll have better luck on QW I think.

Comment

Any possibility of showing a single gear 3rd pull from 2500-6500, sometime it is hard to see what is going on, especially timing wise, when all gears are logged and shown. The one spot where you had a solid pull from 2-6k did show some rather large holes in the O2 readings, these could be sampling error, the O2's appear to read in a linear fashion besides those holes.

Does the car buck at all when going into boost, when going into 20+psi boost. I do find it hard to believe that the ECU is trashed and you are still driving the car.
      I may appear to be nice, but don't be fooled, I probably don't like you

Comment

It is easy enough to swap ECU's maybe a visit to another local with a stage 3 set-up for a quick swap is in order.

Comment

Hey Colin. You want to meet up and we can swap ecu I have a stage 3 too. I want to see if my ecu is acting up too.
          Custom Built Single Turbo S4

Comment

Yeah, the ECU swap is easy, its finding another Stage III - car that is willing to give me the time.

That's the weird thing, is the car doesn't feel terrible. It seems relatively smooth when pulling through a gear, but I get brutal mileage, inconsistent engine values and fault codes that I can't explain.

I search extensively and everyone that I have found that had P1545 fixed it by replacing their ECU. Nobody fixed it with a new throttle body.

I'll isolate one of the pulls from the spredsheet.

Comment

Hey colin I'll pm you. I'll help you out for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikekrus View Post
                Hey Colin. You want to meet up and we can swap ecu I have a stage 3 too. I want to see if my ecu is acting up too.
                Yes, Yes I do.

Thanks for the offer, hopefully we can help each other. What works for you?

Comment

Awesome! Um today should work for me. Maybe like this afternoon. My schedule is usualy pretty easy going. I sent you a pm with my number. Shout me a txt.

Comment

Ah ha, this would be the other stage 3 with 42lb injector file in E-town that I was eluding to.

Comment

Well, I'd like to thank Mike for taking the time to help me out. Always nice to meet another laid back enthousiast that willing to lend a hand.

His car is also MUCH faster than mine :P ! I guess that's what proper fueling and meth will do for ya.

Unfortunately because of his fueling and the meth his ECU wont work with my car so I still don't have any comparison data. My search for answers continues.

I'm about to sell the house that has a garage as well! This might be a cold winter for me pulling wrenches.

Comment

Proper fueling, meth, and a few other things. Not to mention the fact that I spent a ton of time tuning that car. It's not your average Stage 3

Colin,

Did you try to PM me?
                        Jordan
                        Jerbel Autowerks

Distributor of parts from:
                        JAW, 034 Motorsport, Power Up Lubricants and OEM replacement parts
                        (403) 690-7135
                        jordan@jerbelautowerks.com

Comment

Yeah I did before I posted this thread. Your inbox was full so I thought I'd just put my problem up and see what the crowd thinks.

I didn't realize it was your old car until Mike said it was. I'm not really sure what to investigate right now. I might just give the car a full maintenance overhaul so that I can rule out a number of items causing my issues.

New Coils
                          New Plugs
                          New Filters
                          New Sensors
                          Check for leaks again

If this offer goes through and I lose my garage I might just have to make due until spring. It`s not like the car feels like crap, its just that the info I`m getting doesn`t make sense.

Comment

Engine load looks pretty normal.

O2 sensors could use some help, especially Bank 2.

Timing could be pulled as a result of abnormal AFR values. Do you know the history of the primary O2 sensors?

The fault codes definitely indicate a bad connection in the ECU. Swpping the ECU for a known good one would be a great idea. BTW, it doesn't matter if the ECU is programmed for fueling, meth, etc. It just has be be coded for the correct model year. The car will idle regardless of the tune (albeit, perhaps a little rough), at least well enough to see if it still throws the same fault codes.
                            Jordan
                            Jerbel Autowerks

Distributor of parts from:
                            JAW, 034 Motorsport, Power Up Lubricants and OEM replacement parts
                            (403) 690-7135
                            jordan@jerbelautowerks.com

Comment

Yeah the ECU from Mike's car idled fine, It just didn't drive properly to pull and logs. We didn't see the same ECU fault codes when it was in.

O2 sensors are claimed to have been changed mid way through the cars life, but I can't exactly trust the owners maintenance records now.

What would a pair of O2 Sensors run me through you?

Comment

Working...
                              X