FML! b5 s4 content! ugh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FML! b5 s4 content! ugh

Well this summer when i changed my alternator i lost some rad fluid, naturally i topped it up with water, now its cold, basically was frozen the other day. So i brought it inside, let it thaw out drained all the coolant on monday, had a hell of a time gettin the rad hose back on. Added new g12 and distilled water, thought all would be great!

Drove home monday night had heat, Started my car tuesday morning had heat, left work last night had heat! Car seems to warm up to half normally. Today i start the car, no fucking heat, not a hint of heat! WTF, Is my T-stat stuck open? Guage was at at half again appears to warm up and boom nothing!

anything else that it could be?

****, this car is pushing me lately
    Kevin

2000 s4, Custom vast stg2+, piggie pipes, ssac catback, evoms intake, 710n's, eibach sportline springs, RS4 Reps, VDO boost guage

Re: FML! b5 s4 content! ugh

I had this happen on the last S it turned out that it was the T-stat stuck open. I might have an extra one sitting in my box of parts in the garage.. Do you still need to use the boost pressure tester?

Comment

ya i do need it still , i hear the i mid as well do the timing belt while i change it? ********!
      Kevin

2000 s4, Custom vast stg2+, piggie pipes, ssac catback, evoms intake, 710n's, eibach sportline springs, RS4 Reps, VDO boost guage

Comment

If your car is getting up to operating temperature normally and staying there, then it's not your T-stat. If you're not getting heat, it could be a blocked heater core, or a problem with the climate control unit flap.
        Jordan
        Jerbel Autowerks

Distributor of parts from:
        JAW, 034 Motorsport, Power Up Lubricants and OEM replacement parts
        (403) 690-7135
        jordan@jerbelautowerks.com

Comment

^^ this^^ im thinking maybe my heater core has a air bubble or something going on with it, where are the hoses the run into the firewall for the heater core? im gonna try pouring some anti freeze in there.

Being its the highest point in the car im guessing that is my issue.
          Last edited by fazda; 11-24-2010, 10:38 AM.
          Kevin

Comment

My b5 passat is doing the same thing, took it to tunedub, george did a little fix, worked for a while, died tried again, looks like heater core might be toast.

Car gets to full operating temp, and stays there, doesn't overheat in summer.

Tried a full coolant flush at the dealership, worked for a while, then died again.
            Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
            2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

im going to look at her tonight and hope i get some heat! this -35 ******** is killing me, all i had is my heated seat today lol :(
              Kevin

Comment

As not all antifreezes are created equal - I'd suggest one to check the freezing point of his particular coolant.
                I discovered recently that Vaico Violet (G12) at 50/50 mix supports only -36C.
                As the antifreeze freezes not solid but as a jelly, there are still hardships on the engine and components.

Comment

Similar thing to mine. George @ Tunedub cleaned the heater core and it works much better, not perfect but at least I'm staying fairly warm right now. When the revs are above ˜1100 heater works perfect, anything below that and it isn't warming fully but it still puts out some heat. George is gonna try cleaning it again tomorrow.
                  --
                  Rod
                  Ex-presidente

Drive

2016 VW Golf .:R

Drove
                  2001.5 Audi S4 / Santorin Blue STAGE II+ / JFonz Tuned

Comment

The heater core hoses are between the primary and secondary firewalls, beside the battery.
                    Jordan
                    Jerbel Autowerks

(403) 690-7135

Comment

Back wash your heater core don't just do a bleed. If your car is at operating temp its for sure not your t-stat. My t-stat is f'ed. Will hit 70, drop to 60, tha 75 and back down. Once again its in my passat.

http://forums.audiworld.com/showthread.php?t=349252

Comment

Have you tested or replaced your coolant temp sensor?
                        Jordan
                        Jerbel Autowerks

(403) 690-7135

Comment

no i haven't tested or replaced it, just ran into this problem so i was trying to get some feedback. How would i test my sensor? coolant temp sensor is the back off the firewall behind the Intake right?
                          Kevin

Comment

That was intended for Lo)2enz0, I don't think your problem is your CTS, Kevin.
                            Jordan
                            Jerbel Autowerks

(403) 690-7135

Comment

Checking it on saturday. Only reason why I think its not the CTS is I am not throwing any codes.

Comment

Working...
                              X