B5 S4 turn signal doesn't cancel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B5 S4 turn signal doesn't cancel

I think my blinker fluid is too full on the left side.

When I signal to turn left, then make the turn, the signal stalk doesn't automatically cancel any more. Is there a part in the switch that can wear or break? How hard to replace?

Or, shall I drive through the world in a perpetual left hand turn?
    Jeff

2017 Sportwagen
    2016 .:R (sold)
    2013 Golf TDI Wolfsburg (sold)
    2001.5 Audi S4 (sold)

Re: B5 S4 turn signal doesn't cancel

Left turns would be cheapest, I'm sure....

My 98 Jetta only cancels on one side. I'm pretty sure there is a pin or something that should kick it back that is no longer there. I've gotten so used to it that I just cancel it manually. I end up canceling the signals on my Passat manually too just out of habit now.
    Stefan
    -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
    -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
    -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
    -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

you could disconnect the airbag (follow proper procedure), remove the steering wheel, and then the stalk, and see if cleaning the contacts makes things any better.

Do yourself a favor if you do this and mark the steering wheel position on the hub so you can line it up straight when you put it on.
      Team Highschool
      Twin Turbo Turbo Smurf Avant

www.ctsturbo.com - the home for all your turbo needs. PM me for details.

Comment

andrew there should be a line or two previously in blue pen.. well there was on my mk4 jetta when i did a swap to an r32 wheel.. the OG one was marked

Comment

maybe.
          if not though......make a mark.
          my mk3 never had a mark, thats why i know to make one. if its there from the factor even better.
          Team Highschool
          Twin Turbo Turbo Smurf Avant

www.ctsturbo.com - the home for all your turbo needs. PM me for details.

Comment

Working...
          X