Some new eye candy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some new eye candy

FINALLY got around to getting my new Podi P2 package installed. A slight mix-up in shipping landed me with a MKV VW Pod, but Winston and Greg at Podi were very quick to get it fixed up.

Also had to figure out how to installed my oil temp sensor, because the threads on the sender are 1/8 NPT but that was a simple fix with an M10x1 adapter from 42 Draft Design and a couple of drill bits.

Before:

After:

And a few close-ups:

The gauges are a perfect match to the interior. The needles look identical and the white is exactly the same color. Very happy with the setup so far.
    ~Chris[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]
    '10 Quartz Grey S-Line Avant 2.0T
    '05 Brilliant Red USP Avant - 1.8T 6MT
    - gone

"The Build" My GT2871R build thread

Re: Some new eye candy

Looks like a bit of a cluster f&^$. ahahaha

Looks good, its clean, most people wouldn't know better, the car guys know it means business.
    Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
    2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

It's just nice to have everything in one place........and to have my drivers side center vent back and adjustable.

I really wasn't sure how much I'd like the P2 setup but I'm sold now.
      ~Chris[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]
      - gone

Comment

Dude you're photos are fantastic.

oh and nice gauges!
        "If it has tits or wheels it will give you trouble"

-97 Golf
        -91 GTI

Comment

Looks b!tchin
          Al
          Hitler Built My Hotrod

Comment

speaking of having everything in one place, i just installed this last night

i'm going to pull the ring and paint it black, otherwise the fit and readability is top notch.
            Team Highschool
            Twin Turbo Turbo Smurf Avant

www.ctsturbo.com - the home for all your turbo needs. PM me for details.

Comment

cool

Comment

Originally posted by RONDAL View Post
                speaking of having everything in one place, i just installed this last night

i'm going to pull the ring and paint it black, otherwise the fit and readability is top notch.
                CSB.

red avant is nicer.
                Jess

2010 Jetta TDI 6 SPD - Stock Comfortline model

Comment

andrew did you get the boosty installed then? or still need help

i'm not a fan of putting **** in front of the cluster but you sorta have to :/

Comment

This isn;t actually in front of the cluster in my case.
                    The angle the photo is at makes it look further into the cluster view than it is. When you are driving its right below where the oil temp is at, so it works perfectly.

Boost just needs two wires soldered and then it will work. Its all plumbed in and stuff. Take like 15 minutes with a solder gun
                    Team Highschool

Comment

so those guages don't really block the cluster then?? if so i'm buying one of those setups for the allroad

Comment

There is a small portion of the Tach and Speedo that gets blocked. But I don't spin my car past 7K and I don't really need to see if i'm doing 11km/hr or 13km/hr.

Not sure if Podi makes a P2 for the A6 platform. I don't believe so....
                        ~Chris[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]
                        - gone

Comment

Jfc! :(

Comment

ryan on my setup you see i just used double sided velcro to secure the gauge to the edge of the trim. It can be removed easily if i need to, and stays put really well.

I'll do my aquamist gauge in a similiar fashion on the battery voltage side
                            Team Highschool

Comment

Originally posted by MmmBoost View Post
                              Also had to figure out how to installed my oil temp sensor, because the threads on the sender are 1/8 NPT but that was a simple fix with an M10x1 adapter from 42 Draft Design and a couple of drill bits.
                              Interested in more on this ^^^

I've had mine since the first batch of P1 pods, and have been held up from install while (casually) trying to locate a suitable Aeroquip fitting as recommended by Winston. Lately I've been considering installing at the oil feed line on the turbo but am hung up on fitting choice.
                              Find me on Instagram @pry4sno

Candy White 2010 VW Golf Sportwagen TDI 6 speed /// #farmenwagen
                              Indigo Pearl Effect 1992 80q 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled
                              Brilliant Black 1990 Coupe quattro /// Because Racecar

Comment

Working...
                              X