01.5 S4 or 03 S6 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 01.5 S4 or 03 S6 ?

That S6 is super hot. Gas mileage as other have mentioned. they are worse than my expedition. I don't know much else about them though. I thought the V8's had their own idiosyncrasies too though.

But my vote is S6, I love that car.
    Jay

Comment

Well, lots of pondering and I've landed at "great car, wrong time". Elliot was great at answering all of my questions and i wish him a speedy/fair sale.
      Jeff

2017 Sportwagen
      2016 .:R (sold)
      2013 Golf TDI Wolfsburg (sold)
      2001.5 Audi S4 (sold)

Comment

i think the s6 is pretty neat looking, for an old man though. the s4 with the right mods is retardedededly quick. i wouldn't worry about gas milleage, because energy = consumption and it is 100% relative. if you had a faster s4, you would spend money on gas also.

i'd say, if you don't care about speed and want a big old man car with instant torque: take the s6. if you want to feel and love the road with a shizload of power and sporty fun: mod the s4 to a stage3+++++
        D.J.
        Turbo SVT Focus
        Audi S4 Stage 3++++++

Comment

Amen to that. My sentiments exactly.

I will say that Elliot's car is really nice. I would drive it as a daily, with a Stage 3 S4 as a weekend car
          Jordan
          Jerbel Autowerks

Distributor of parts from:
          JAW, 034 Motorsport, Power Up Lubricants and OEM replacement parts
          (403) 690-7135
          jordan@jerbelautowerks.com

Comment

Originally posted by aliencurv View Post
            i think the s6 is pretty neat looking, for an old man though. the s4 with the right mods is retardedededly quick. i wouldn't worry about gas milleage, because energy = consumption and it is 100% relative. if you had a faster s4, you would spend money on gas also.

i'd say, if you don't care about speed and want a big old man car with instant torque: take the s6. if you want to feel and love the road with a shizload of power and sporty fun: mod the s4 to a stage3+++++
            Not true at all. With the V8 you have a lot of energy just going into keeping the crap load of weight in pistons/rods etc moving. Plus it's a heavier car, so more energy to achieve the same acceleration.

I have a B6 S4, and even if I drive it like a granny it's brutal on gas, so I say screw it and just have fun with it

Comment

That was DJ's point. The more energy you consume, the more fuel you consume. Some of the combustion energy is used to propel a heavier car, move additional mass in mechanical parts, etc, which is one of the reasons, among others, that the V8 gets worse fuel economy. But once you get up into big power, those factors become less significant, and the power output vs. fuel consumption ratio becomes more linear. Big power 2.7T's get crappy fuel mileage, too, depending on how heavy your foot is.
              Last edited by The_Jerbel; 03-17-2011, 04:50 PM.
              Jordan
              Jerbel Autowerks

Distributor of parts from:
              JAW, 034 Motorsport, Power Up Lubricants and OEM replacement parts
              (403) 690-7135
              jordan@jerbelautowerks.com

Comment

Definitely.

Sounds like it's more of an issue between what the inside/outside of the car looks like, for the owner.
                Jess

2010 Jetta TDI 6 SPD - Stock Comfortline model

Comment

u got it jerbel.

choose the car based on what jess said. if you liek it or not .. i say a few things to ppl who want to get into cars like ours

Don't do what i do if:
                  a) you are afraid to fix something
                  b) you count your pennys and gas milleage
                  c) you're afraid to make mistakes
                  d) you're married

although, 2 ppl i've met have blown #D out of the water. Ryan (not you auchibnronbon, you're a pussy whipped slave) Mantis and Cam @ lightspeed... Who's wife drives a 400+ hp evo :P with her kid!

Pick the car u would feel most comfortable in. Remember, driving an S6 is like wearing a suit to the bar.

EDIT: The only ppl i know who wear suits to bars are world financial group cult members but they can't afford an s6 (or a car) so do what feels right dude
                  Last edited by aliencurv; 03-17-2011, 05:08 PM.
                  D.J.
                  Turbo SVT Focus
                  Audi S4 Stage 3++++++

Comment

hahaha thanks dj.. far from the truth btw

Comment

Working...
                    X