2004 audi a4 cvt transmission

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 audi a4 cvt transmission

siiigghh, i have an a4 2004 it's ridiculous the cvt transmissions in the us ones like the one i got from the us have mega problems and i was wondering if you guys knew where i could get a new tranny, or what to do, rebuild or what... any ideas? maybe i can get a non cvt tranny?

oh im in calgary alberta btw

Re: 2004 audi a4 cvt transmission

FFS

I sold a trans set up to Meyers for cheap.

What you can do is upgrade to quattro and get a TIP or manual transmission for cheaper than reparing/replacing the CVT.
    Find me on Instagram @pry4sno

Candy White 2010 VW Golf Sportwagen TDI 6 speed /// #farmenwagen
    Indigo Pearl Effect 1992 80q 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled
    Brilliant Black 1990 Coupe quattro /// Because Racecar

Comment

Go to Mister Transmission on 58th (right by chinook) They're some of the best in the city when it comes to ZF and other wierd and wonderful stuff. If anyone local can fix it it's them.
      "Paranoia is just the eerie sensation of knowing you're right"

Comment

Mega problems indeed! Audi sadly only does AWD well.
        We used to stock TCMs and transmissions for these back in '05-06. If the gear oil wasn't changed out religiously these were guaranteed to fail. Even if you did change it they would fail anyways really.

The TCM that is in the trans on the CVT models is notorious for grenading. You also need to change the filter that comes as part of the hard lines on the trans. Neither of these are cheap nor is the labour involved in installing them, plenty of coding involved also I have no clue if VAG-com can code these or not. If it totally toast and you need a new transmission they are huge money.

Sorry for the bad news, if you want me to look up costs for your specific vehicle give me a call with your VIN and I can figure out pricing for you.

Erik
        Service Manager
        Audi Royal Oak

403-374-5018
        erikk@royaloakaudi.com

Comment

Working...
        X