Audi After Care

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audi After Care

I stopped in at my dealership yesterday to book an appointment for next month...My SA noticed that I've got about 6 months left on my factory warranty and asked if I was interested in getting an extended one.

My car is a US model and I was told when i bought it last year that it couldn't be CPO'd so I mentioned that to him thinking that he was trying to push me that way.

He told me that's true, no CPO but there's a new program available to everyone now...Audi After Care:

http://audiaftercare.ca/mbp/index.html

Anyway, hey handed me the pamphlet, looks like any other 3rd party warranty but it's got all the Audi lo-going ect.

I asked for a quote, and of course, only a manager could provide one. I always deal with the owner, but was curios to see what it would cost me.

My car has had no issues, it's an 07 with 55000km, burns no oil at all, changes done ever 8000km...

I was quoted $4154.85 (platinum, looks like the same coverage as CPO, no deductible) plus tax lol for 84 months or 100,000. This seems crazy steep to me? It's not a new term of 7yrs 100,000km's but an extension of my current warranty. So If I put on say 10,000 in the next 6 months under my existing warranty, I would only be covered for another 35,000km's over the next three years.

I think it's kind of funny, the original warranty is 4yrs/80,000km, what if I was closer to the 80k? How would they only extend me to 100,000?

It feels like I'm getting bent over due to the fact that my mileage is low?

What do you guys think?

Anyone else looked into this new program yet?
    -Mike

Re: Audi After Care

Based solely on what I read from that link you provided, you're looking at coverage ON TOP of your OEM warranty.

Mechanical Breakdown Protection is designed to take your warranty protection to a whole new level. Once your original warranty or certified warranty term expires. Mechanical Breakdown Protection offers valuable coverage backed by the strength of Audi Canada.
    If that's the case, I say go for it!
    Find me on Instagram @pry4sno

Candy White 2010 VW Golf Sportwagen TDI 6 speed /// #farmenwagen
    Indigo Pearl Effect 1992 80q 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled
    Brilliant Black 1990 Coupe quattro /// Because Racecar

Comment

Thanks for the reply Dustin....The manager told me that it just extends my current warranty, he actually gave me two quotes, a two and a three year, the three year was only $200 more(but looking at it the way he explained it would make zero sense to buy a third year since I'm not really seeing any extra mileage)...Then he explained to me that it's not a "new" 100,000km warranty, that it in fact just moves my current warranty to 100,000, once my odometer hits 100,000km it's done lol.

With that said it makes no sense to me lol, I'm going to call the number tomorrow and have them explain it to me.
      -Mike

Comment

Well looking at the numbers I think putting up over $4,000 for an additional two years of coverage is pretty substantial. Have you had many warranty repairs over the life of the car? Personally I think you might be better to put $4K into some kind of investment and if you need a repair pull some money out and if not you can use that money to put towards a new car or mods after the two years are up.

Just my thoughts.
        Blair
        Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

hrmm tempting.. the allroad warranty is up in 2 months.. i'm waiting for my running out letter anyday now..

Comment

thats a pretty hefty amount to lock into.
            im with blair. invest and pull if needed.
            Team Highschool
            Twin Turbo Turbo Smurf Avant

www.ctsturbo.com - the home for all your turbo needs. PM me for details.

Comment

really for 4+k on my allroad i could fix the suspension myself and swap to a 6spd probably hahaha

seeing its stock 100% i think i'll pass.. i may talk to royal oak about it tho and see what they think

4k into a TFSA with a good backend would help you out more i think
              Last edited by R_Ethug; 03-31-2011, 08:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian Turbo View Post
                Well looking at the numbers I think putting up over $4,000 for an additional two years of coverage is pretty substantial. Have you had many warranty repairs over the life of the car? Personally I think you might be better to put $4K into some kind of investment and if you need a repair pull some money out and if not you can use that money to put towards a new car or mods after the two years are up.

Just my thoughts.
                I've had no issues with the car, other then a couple of burnt out tail light bulbs lol. It burns no oil either, but does have the start up rattle once and a while.

I wasn't even really considering an extended warranty, and just rolling the dice for a year or so until I trade it in on a newer one. I looked into one a while back but most of the feedback on third party ones seem pretty shady, lots of hoops to jump through, used parts ect...

What got me interested was the fact that this one appears to be offered by Audi.

I'm really curious what they would do with a car that has 80,000+km's...If the owner choose to sign up for a three year term would it also only run to 100,000km lol??
                -Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan View Post
                  really for 4+k on my allroad i could fix the suspension myself and swap to a 6spd probably hahaha

seeing its stock 100% i think i'll pass.. i may talk to royal oak about it tho and see what they think

4k into a TFSA with a good backend would help you out more i think
                  Please do inquire with Royal Oak, and find out what they are offering you and report back
                  -Mike

Comment

A V8 S4 can eat through $4K worth of work pretty quickly.
                    John
                    1986 Meteor Grey Metallic Squashed VW Beetle
                    2011 Mineral Grey Durango R/T AWD

Comment

Working...
                    X