B5 S4 boost issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B5 S4 boost issue

Ok so my car is having some serious boost issues, I let it all warm up and start off nice and as soon as I start to boost the car starts to flutter and feels like I have no power! I forgoy to put fuel stabilizer in before I stored it last winter so at first I thought that it was bad fuel so I bought some Lucas fuel injector cleaner and put in $20 worth of freash gas. But now it seems to be getting worst. In second it will hit about 20 psi but then drops back to 10 and it almost feels like it shaking but threw the other gears it is way worst. Any ideas on what this is? Could it be as simple as fuel?

Re: B5 S4 boost issue

n75

does it get jerky? if so then EGTs

Comment

Yup it sure does get jerky!

Comment

got a vagcom to check codes?

i remember when i first chipped my s4 the one EGT was dying and as soon as you boost it was like the car was having a seizure/jerky.. so double check those stupid EGTs :/

Comment

I seem to remember Mark's car had EGT coded out.

I would get it over to Mike ASAP, sounds like a boost leak, or possibly a failing (not completely failed) coil pack
          I may appear to be nice, but don't be fooled, I probably don't like you

Comment

Nope I do not have vagcom, That is my mission for today is to buy one! I am going to check for boost leaks but this just not feel like a boost leak,

Comment

Hey grim, You can bring it by my place if you want, i can scan it for you no problem. i'll pm you
              Custom Built Single Turbo S4

Comment

Working...
              X