Wheel Alignment Audi B6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel Alignment Audi B6

Hi all I just got front control arms and H&R/Bilstein put on my car. Now when I went to get an alignment done (different shop than did the install) they said they could not adjust the rear because all the bolts and stuff were seized and now am being told that I'd need new control arms and stuff in the rear because you can't just replace some of the parts, you need to replace the whole assembly.
    Does anyone have any experience with this? Is this just BS? Can anyone recommend another shop to go to?

Cheers
    2008 Montego Blue BMW 335xi, H&R Springs, ECU program Stage 1

Re: Wheel Alignment Audi B6

Go check out TuneDub, George will tell you the brutal honest truth!
    Patryk
    Instagram: @parkus08

91 BMW 340is ///M-Tech II - Under construction
    08 VW .:R32
    04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

If it is a quattro the guy is handing you a load, the rear camber adjustment is done via a concentric bolt. And if the any other measurements our out of factory spec range it could be caused by worn out control arm bushings but if you just lowered your car I would guess it is just camber that is off.
      Last edited by toplessvw; 07-18-2012, 09:10 AM.
      Been driving VAG for longer then allot of the members have been alive

Comment

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...ber-Adjustment
        here is a diy

Comment

Originally posted by P Arkus View Post
          Go check out TuneDub, George will tell you the brutal honest truth!
          Yeah I was going to but he's booking out 2.5 weeks and was hoping to get it done sooner.

Comment

Originally posted by stone_bone View Post
            Yeah I was going to but he's booking out 2.5 weeks and was hoping to get it done sooner.
            Talk to Chad at the Kal Tire on 32 Ave. NE. He's a eurodrivers member and pretty sure he can fit you in whenever...
            --
            Rod
            Ex-presidente

Drive

2016 VW Golf .:R

Drove
            2001.5 Audi S4 / Santorin Blue STAGE II+ / JFonz Tuned

Comment

Originally posted by toplessvw View Post
              If it is a quattro the guy is handing you a load, the rear camber adjustment is done via a concentric bolt. And if the any other measurements our out of factory spec range it could be caused by worn out control arm bushings but if you just lowered your car I would guess it is just camber that is off.
              It is a quattro. If it is worn out bushings, can they be replaced individually?

Comment

+1 chad at kal tire

Comment

Yes you can get most of the bushings. I would hazzard a guess that your adjustment bolts are siezed since it is not an uncommon issue. Try soaking it in pbblaster and see if you can get it loose otherwise it will have to be cut out and replaced. It siezes into the bushing as well. There are a few good write ups on audizine for this issue so good luck
                  and pm natty he most likely be able to get you the bolts and bushings ahead of time

Comment

Very common for the rear lowers to seize, I had to cut them out of two of my cars, it was a huge PITA
                    I may appear to be nice, but don't be fooled, I probably don't like you

Comment

Working...
                    X