• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• allroad suspension- airbags

anyone replace thiers with arnotts?

front driver is sagging now at level 1 and now level 2 overnight

http://www.arnottindustries.com/part...24_gid529.html

i'm probably just buying arnotts but damn the v2s are expensive!

boyband didn't you have stock bags kicking around?

Re: allroad suspension- airbags

I have had good luck with arnotts. I have ran both the airbags and coilover kits. Nice that they are lifetime warranty

If you know how to test the air bags I may have a few kicking around

I believe I get a discount from them as well :P
    Now offering detailing services!! http://www.gtrauto.ca/detailing-services.html

United Motorsport, Kerma TDI, KW, APR, COBB, Magnaflow, K&N, AFE, Motul, Lubromoly, Sonax, Air Lift, HPA, Ohlins, Klutch Wheels, Remus Exhaust

info@gtrauto.ca / www.gtrauto.ca / GTR Auto Facebook

Comment

I know its the front driver bag.. easy to tell.. you can leave in jackmode overnight to tell for sure but i know already

going to replace both and and just be done with it up front..

only bad thing the arnott g2s are 30% stiffer than stock (fine by me) but with stock shocks/struts i wonder how it will work.. plus stock rear! oh well i guess i'll find out haha otherwise when the rears go replace all struts with bilsteins

Comment

We had one at the shop that the o ring fell out of it seat jacked it up, left it for a bit and put it back down and it was fine.
        Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
        2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

My dd swapped G2's into his allroad. Is it 30% in compression? Or lateral? Ours made a significant increase in handling, especially turn in.

But I can't say it had any ill effects.

Comment

yea it turns more sporty which i really want.. but hopefully stock rear is OK with them.

next spring getting 19" roti blqs for it so then it will be even more sportier lol

Comment

wtf

car hasn't sagged in 5 days now! well mind you leaving it at level 2..

allroad is in the shop this week to get teh rusty rust fixed anyways

Comment

Just checked wheel clearance at Levels 1,2,3 in "jack" mode. My left front (driver side) is lower from the get go at all three levels, by about 5 to 6 millimeters. Clearance is different by 1-2 Millimeters on all four wheels at level-2, but 9 Mm on Front driver corner. Clearance is identical on three wheels (except driver front) at level-1 and level-3.

There are no signs or sounds of a leak. I have no suspension warning lights either. I do not have access to a VCDS tool yet.

Does this mean I need to fix or replace the front driver sensor, or do I need a VAG-COM level reset?
                Last edited by dcaron9999; 01-31-2013, 09:21 AM.

Comment

maybe.. i still haven't done mine.. i'll probably just get the arnott gen1 bags as they are 1/2 the price of the gen2s and are to be near OEM spec..

front driver was completely slammed last week when we got back from vacation but it pumped up fine.. that being said it stresses the airpump a bit

Comment

I have a slow leak drop of 5 mm in 3 hours on Front driver corner, and 2 mm on front passenger corner. The problem is exacerbated when driving and load is placed on the bags (pump keeps turning on).

#1) How can I tell if an Audi repair kit (Audi p/n 4Z7 698 507, consisting of upper and lower o-rings) will fix the leak?
                    #2) Perhaps I also need to fix or replace the front driver sensor.
                    #3) Perhaps I need a VAG-COM level reset.
                    #4) Perhaps I need a set of new front bags.

Comment

2 new/used ones for sale on QW...

Comment

Qw???

Comment

thanks mark i emailed the guy about them

Comment

sweet.. 2 arnott gen2 v2's heading my way today. no more saggy front end.

Comment

Just slimed my two front air springs tonight on my 2005 allroad with 68,000 Miles. Figured I give this a shot, and buy new springs if it fails.

I had a slow leak in the driver front air shock. It would take a few hours to droop, but leak was more pronounced while driving, as I could hear my pump working every few minutes.

After this fix, my allroad feal great - I even lost the floaty boat fealing I was getting in level-1. Air pump used to start every few minutes while driving in level-1 or level-2. It now starts only when I change to a higher level, like it should.

Here the procedure I used, which could be useful for anyone thinking about doing this for FRONTS BAGS ONLY (rears have a recirculation loop and clogging is likely):

#1 I recommend buying at least 32 ounces of green Slime. The Slime comes with a short piece of vinyl tube under the label that, as others have said, will be too large of a diameter to fit in the hole in the air spring. You need to find about a foot of smaller diameter tube that fit into the Slime's tube, to reduce the diameter at the end to fit into the airbag's hole. I used the hard plactic tube from a spray bottle such as this (http://www.pangeareptile.com/store/i..._29945_102.jpg). This plastic tube fits perfectly in the opening of the air spring. I used another intermediate flexible tube between the one supplied with the Slime, and the one from the spray bottle. I secured the three tubes together with a few tie wraps to prevent leaks.

#2 You do not need to remove the wheel. Drop car to Level-1, and put it in Jack Mode. Initially, you will be pressurizing the bags by going to higher levels, preventing any residual slime from leaving the bags, and contaminating the rest of the system.

#2 Use a hydraulic jack, and jack up the car until the wheel nearly rises off the ground. This reduces the air pressure in the air spring. You will noticed that this gives you lots of space to reach the air line above the tire.

#3 Use 10mm open-ended wrench to remove the airline that goes into the aluminum cap at the top of the bag. As a safety precaution, when unscrewing your 10mm air fittings, do so very slowly, half a turn at a time, to allow air to slowly escape. Do this until you hear no more pressure, and then remove the air fitting screw.

#4 Move the air line out of the way. Make sure you have removed the seal inside the cap of the Slime bottle. Insert the tube attached to the slime bottle, into the air spring's air hole. I had to hold the tube's end against the air bag's hole while squeezing the bottle. Squirt as much as you can into the opening. You will probably need both hands, as the small diameter of the tube creates resistance. This is where the 32 ounce bottle comes in handy, as it is large enough to wrap both of your hands around it to increase pressure forcing the sline into the bag, and offer you a better "pouring" angle. Tokk me 5-10 minutes to get about 8-10 ounces into the air spring. I cleaned up the opening with a few Q-tips.

#5 Massage the rubber around the bottom of the bag, to spread the slime as evenly as possible.

#6 After you button everything up, slowly lower your jack VERY CAREFULLY, and do not let the whole weight of the car rest on the empty bag. Go back inside your car, and remove jack mode, to allow your bag to be re-pressurized. Once you hear no more air flowing into your bag, you can now slowly lower and remove your jack. Once your suspension level has stabilized, you may process to next level (level-2 or more).

#7 Go for a test drive, at this level (2 or more). Go over a bumpy road, and drive in the city, where you can brake often, and put pressure on your bags.

#8 Drive for a couple of miles, while moving to next levels (3,4). Drive for another couple of miles, and proceed to lower levels.

#9 Enjoy your new suspension dynamics, and set money aside for new bags eventually ...
                              Last edited by dcaron9999; 02-02-2013, 10:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X