2013/14 Audi A3 Sportback Revealed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013/14 Audi A3 Sportback Revealed

The Ingolstadt-based automaker Audi has released full details and photos of the upcoming 2013 A3 Sportback ahead of the car’s public unveiling next week at the Paris Motor Show. Compared to its three-door sibling, the five-door model is 73mm longer and has a wheelbase of 2636mm which is 35mm longer than the one of the three-door and also 58mm longer than the outgoing A3 Sportback.

As a result of this extended length, Audi says that the rear passengers get “several more millimeters” of legroom, with enough room to accommodate three adults in the back. It can provide a boot space of 380 liters, which represents a 15 liters increase over the three-door model and 10 liters more than the model it replaces. Once the rear seats are folded down the capacity is increased to 1220 liters, compared to the three-door and the outgoing A3 Sportback that provide 1100 liters.

In comparison to the model it is about to replace, the 2013 Audi A3 Sportback is up to 90 kg lighter thanks to the adoption of the MQB platform. The five-door version fitted with the 1.4-liter TFSI engine weighs 30 kg more than the equivalent three-door model, tipping the scales at 1205 kg. As you would expect, it will borrow the engine lineup of the three-door A3 so at first it will get 1.4- and 1.8-liter TFSI gasoline engines and a 2.0-liter TDI diesels.

Later on, Audi plans on introducing a smaller 1.2-liter TFSI that produces 105 hp (77 kW) and 129 lb-ft (175 Nm) of torque. Regardless of the engine choice, all A3 Sportback models come as standard with a manual 6-speed gearbox, while for more money clients can opt for the S tronic transmission.

The 2013 Audi A3 Sportback is scheduled to hit the German dealerships in February next year, with the 1.2-liter TFSI version arriving later on at a starting price of 22,500 Euros.

Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Re: 2013/14 Audi A3 Sportback Revealed

Sline seats we'll never see in a million years lol

I like it! i'd buy that over a golf for sure

Comment

looks good, ineteresting a3 sportback is not coming to americas anymore, just some sedan, will it look like the 1 series?
      2002 VW Golf GT TDI
      2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

Sweet seats!

Comment

That Audi is soo hot right now!
          ~Tracy~
          MKV VW .:R32 // BMW E30 M-Tech II // Audi A4 Avant
          Instagram @tlarkus

Comment

Such a joke they arent bringing that over.
            Cam

2004 VW R32 Turbo

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian Turbo View Post
              Regardless of the engine choice, all A3 Sportback models come as standard with a manual 6-speed gearbox, while for more money clients can opt for the S tronic transmission.
              this. also glad my passengers get an extra few millimeters.
              you probably don't like me because someone else said they didn't lol. <3

Comment

lol yea those few 3-5mm make me so more comfy! har

Comment

new rs3, hot hot even with 5 doors! i love the new rs style wheels on this car and the 19" rs5

Last edited by bart; 09-22-2012, 05:04 AM.
                  2002 VW Golf GT TDI
                  2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

Can Erik confirm we won't see this in North America? Especially that new RS3? Holy god I want that car.
                    Cam

2004 VW R32 Turbo

Comment

RS3 is not official yet that is just a unofficial render, but considering there has never been an S3 or RS3 in NA, hard to think that will change, especially with the A3 Sedan seeming to be the new focus of this level of line up.
                      Blair
                      Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

a3 sedan is like the b5 reborn for lines.. if that comes out with the i5 turbo DONE! even a 2.0t would be OK tho

Comment

2002 VW Golf GT TDI
                          2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

The Sportback looks awesome!!! I'd take it over a 1 series M anyday!

Comment

pure awesome!!

Comment

Working...
                              X