B5 rs4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B5 rs4

I mentioned this a lil with the fellas on the R cruise today.

Considering importing a B5 RS4 from Europe. The importation rules, state that the car must be manufactured 15 years ago. The actual manufacture date is what Industry Canada is concerned about, so a 2001 model year, could very well be manufactured in late 2000. So it's 2 years away. I'll probably be bored of my R by then?

Does importing an original RS4, interest anyone else? Other used car websites for Europe?

I've been playing on the mobile.de website a fair bit, and have found a couple gems.
    http://suchen.mobile.de/auto-inserat...rt=ALSO_EXPORT

187 km! LOL, 100k Euro.
    http://suchen.mobile.de/auto-inserat...rt=ALSO_EXPORT
    Last edited by cam_wmh; 09-23-2012, 07:53 PM.
    Cam

2004 VW R32 Turbo

Re: B5 rs4

Interests me, but not as much as an RS6 avant
    I may appear to be nice, but don't be fooled, I probably don't like you

Comment

Originally posted by Mantis View Post
      Interests me, but not as much as an RS6 avant
      agreed
      Team Highschool
      Twin Turbo Turbo Smurf Avant

www.ctsturbo.com - the home for all your turbo needs. PM me for details.

Comment

Gonna be 'spensive

Pat

His
        1989 Porsche Carrera 4 // 5 Speed // Guards Red

Hers
        1987 VW Cabriolet // 20VT // O2J // Recaros // Porsche Slate Grey // Ronal Turbos // FK Coilovers

2005 Porsche Cayenne S

Theirs
        1977 VW Type 2 Westfalia

Gone
        2004 Audi A4 1.8T // quattro // 6 Speed // Brilliant Red
        Fully built 1.8T || AEB || Motoza tuned || ID1000 || S4 MAF || GT3076R

Comment

agree i would just buy a b5 and spend the money making it a rs4 sedan if you wanted to spend it or don't buy it and save your money buy a b8.5 and done and done

Comment

the other thing about the b5rs4....you can have far more car in the NA s4 for far less money than importing a euro RS4. unless widebody is REALLY worth that much to you.
            Team Highschool
            Twin Turbo Turbo Smurf Avant

www.ctsturbo.com - the home for all your turbo needs. PM me for details.

Comment

gawd damn that black RS is sick! given where im at in 2 years this could be something that interests me
              sigpic

<<<Ben>>>

Present:
              His: 2008 Cayenne Turbo
              Hers: 2012 Ibis White Q5
              Past:
              B7 A4 Avant 6MT Black
              B7 A4 Avant 6MT Silver
              2004 .:R32 BMP
              2001.5 Noggy blue s4
              2000 VW GTI 1.8T
              1997 VW Jetta VR6

Comment

well to do a truly widebody sedan its about 12-15k.. not joking..

pickup a b5 from the US for say 7k.. rip the motor out and build it for 12k... do the interior up for about 3k (new carpets,etc) and then do the widebody conversion for 15k

total- 37kish range.. 650hp widebody sedan and custom paint color.. baller time!

Comment

mmmmm...RS6 Avant, do you think we could do a group buy
                  --
                  Rod
                  Ex-presidente

Drive

2016 VW Golf .:R

Drove
                  2001.5 Audi S4 / Santorin Blue STAGE II+ / JFonz Tuned

Comment

Its been in the back of my mind for a while...

If you are wanting to get one here even earlier you could go a different route... through Mexico!
                    I dont know if the import laws have fully been changed yet, but sometime last year they announced that in the near future you could import cars from Mexico that were 10 years old...
                    So that means (If the laws had fully been changed) you could import one right now. Trouble is... according to one site I saw there are only 18 of them in the entire Country. Two years back one was listed for $30kusd, so that certainly not a bad deal considering the car (80km, wheels, chip and exhaust)

The only RS6 Avant Id want to touch is the latest version... and that would be about another 12-13 years away. Thats if the import laws havent changed either.

Comment

For those who mentioned the RS6 Avant.. here are the supposed numbers in Mexico!

Audi Mexico was sold 20 C6 RS6 sedan and 5 C6 RS6 Avant back in 2010

Comment

I've always drooled over the B5 RS4, and would totally consider importing one if it weren't outrageously priced!

Comment

the sad thing is once you see one in person as i saw 3 when i was in europe 2 years ago. they are instant boner material.. so damn nice,

Comment

Originally posted by onceover View Post
                            Gonna be 'spensive
                            Patty, be a doll & share what your importation costs were on the M5.

Originally posted by Ryan View Post
                            well to do a truly widebody sedan its about 12-15k.. not joking..

pickup a b5 from the US for say 7k.. rip the motor out and build it for 12k... do the interior up for about 3k (new carpets,etc) and then do the widebody conversion for 15k

total- 37kish range.. 650hp widebody sedan and custom paint color.. baller time!
                            Yeah, my wishful thinking is that I could do it have it in my possession for sub $30k.

Originally posted by R-Audi View Post
                            Its been in the back of my mind for a while...

If you are wanting to get one here even earlier you could go a different route... through Mexico!
                            I dont know if the import laws have fully been changed yet, but sometime last year they announced that in the near future you could import cars from Mexico that were 10 years old...
                            So that means (If the laws had fully been changed) you could import one right now. Trouble is... according to one site I saw there are only 18 of them in the entire Country. Two years back one was listed for $30kusd, so that certainly not a bad deal considering the car (80km, wheels, chip and exhaust)

The only RS6 Avant Id want to touch is the latest version... and that would be about another 12-13 years away. Thats if the import laws havent changed either.
                            Interesting. I thought I had read that before, it was likely from yourself. $30k USD, looks like $40k CDN (Transport costs, 6.1%duty, %5GST). Not unreasonable.

There's about a dozen of them registered in the U.S. Are there any in Canada?
                            Cam

2004 VW R32 Turbo

Comment

Ive never heard of one being in Canada.. but that doesnt mean there is. The ones in the States (that are legal) had to pay the federalization fees, which are another 15k or so plus many months work.
                              The cars from Mexico were part of NAFTA, so Im not sure what taxes etc would apply. Im guessing 10k would be on the high end, the difficult part would be actually finding one. I thought quite hard about it a few years back as my parents had a place in Mexico, but at the end of the day it was too much work.. and the car had to leave the country every 6 months or so.
                              Last edited by R-Audi; 09-25-2012, 08:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X