BMW Concept Active Tourer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BMW Concept Active Tourer

This is the interesting BMW Concept Active Tourer, a five-door hatchback with a plug-in hybrid system and four-wheel drive. Driving the wheels at the front is a transversely-mounted engine, a preview of upcoming entry-level BMWs that will adopt a FWD configuration. As for the rear wheels, these are driven by an electric motor.

It rides on the UKL1 that BMW has developed for its upcoming 2013 entry-level lineup as well as for the next-gen MINI family. This is an important platform which will be available with two wheelbase lengths and will help the German automaker try to grow its annual deliveries to two million cars within the next eight years.

Getting back to this Concept Active Tourer, it has a 1.5-liter TwinTurbo 3-cylinder engine that will be offered in a future small BMW, across the revamped MINI lineup and also in the i8. This conventional engine works together with an electric motor and a lithium-ion battery, providing the car with a combined output of 188 bhp (140 kW) and 147 lb-ft (200 Nm) of torque.

It can complete the 0-62 mph (0-100 km/h) sprint in “less than eight seconds” and can hit a top speed of “around 120 mph”, promising to return “more than 113 mpg UK” with CO2 emissions of “under 60 g/km”. We should also mention that it can be driven in electric mode for 18 miles (29 km).

The BMW Concept Active Tourer is 4353mm long, 1834mm wide and 1560mm high, with a 2760mm wheelbase. It most likely previews a future 1-Series GT, and its 6mm shorter, 49mm wider and 5mm taller than the recently introduced B-Class.

Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Re: BMW Concept Active Tourer

Wow. Reminds me of a Merc B200. Absolutely love it (interior's a little different though lol)!!!
    Patryk
    Instagram: @parkus08

91 BMW 340is ///M-Tech II - Under construction
    08 VW .:R32
    04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

I have no idea why, and I am probably going to get flamed for this, but I seriously think it looks like a cartoon anteater's head, especially in the first photo.

reference:
      Last edited by miketweedie; 09-28-2012, 09:50 AM.

Comment

^^^HAHAHAHAHAHA thats awesome. I definitely see it in that first pic. Still love it though haha
        Patryk
        Instagram: @parkus08

91 BMW 340is ///M-Tech II - Under construction
        08 VW .:R32
        04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

Working...
        X