GIAC First to Crack 2013 3.0T Simos 8.5 ECU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GIAC First to Crack 2013 3.0T Simos 8.5 ECU

GIAC USA is proud to announce they are the first to crack the new 2012 3.0T Simos 8.5 ECU/DME!

Today they gave their local customer back his Audi A7 with the first GIAC performance flash loaded on to it. The new file is very challenging to make, but not impossible by GIAC standards This Simos 8.5 ECU affects 2013+ S4/S5/A6/A7 as well as possible other future releases by Audi.

Current ECU availability;
    - 4G0907551A (2013+ C7 A6/A7, updated to newest level 0007 with Crank case pressure fix included).

GIAC has tested many other levels but found 0007 is the best in their opinion and that Audi has done a good job on the base file for GIAC to work off of.

They are currently working on releasing the dealer software for all GIAC dealers to do the flash in-house, please stay tuned for more details or if you are in need of geting this flash completed ASAP contact us directly and we can work with you to make it happen as soon as possible. There are many other cars with the same Simos 8.5 platform, GIAC is getting them for file conversions as quickly as possible, please bear with us!
    Tunerworks Performance Inc.
    Please email sales@tunerworks.com for pricing
    .: TUNERWORKSTORQUE .:. Blog .:. Facebook .:. FlickeFlu .:. Flickr .:. YouTube .:. Kijiji Clearance :.
    STaSIS / Eurojet / GIAC / HRE / Modulare / BBS / WORK / RENNTech / TechArt / Brabus / Akrapovic / AWE / Fabspeed / Milltek / Hotchkis / MEC Design / KW Suspension / Novitec / Kahn Design / QuickSilver / RSC / StopTech / Brembo / AP Racing / Vorsteiner & more!

Re: GIAC First to Crack 2013 3.0T Simos 8.5 ECU

nice! any power differences vs the old tune on the 3.0t?

Comment

No power figures released yet, as soon as I get more info I will definitely post here for you!
      .: TUNERWORKSTORQUE .:. Blog .:. Facebook .:. FlickeFlu .:. Flickr .:. YouTube .:. Kijiji Clearance :.
      STaSIS / Eurojet / GIAC / HRE / Modulare / BBS / WORK / RENNTech / TechArt / Brabus / Akrapovic / AWE / Fabspeed / Milltek / Hotchkis / MEC Design / KW Suspension / Novitec / Kahn Design / QuickSilver / RSC / StopTech / Brembo / AP Racing / Vorsteiner & more!

Comment

do they need to remove ecu and open case (revealing it has been tampered with for warranty ) OR IS A OBD FLASH ?
        sigpic

Comment

Doesn't any OBD flash give the diagnostic code that shows it's been "tampered with" ala VW powertrain warranty? (TD01 or something?)
          Find me on Instagram @pry4sno

Candy White 2010 VW Golf Sportwagen TDI 6 speed /// #farmenwagen
          Indigo Pearl Effect 1992 80q 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled
          Brilliant Black 1990 Coupe quattro /// Because Racecar

Comment

Correct, OBD2 flashes will be recorded in the ECU and once they hook up to the Audi system it will report a TD01 automatically, as far as my understanding of the Audi diagnostic system (Includes STaSIS). Not an issue for some customers but everyone is different. We are still waiting on our dealer information for the Simos 8.5 flash so I cannot give you a solid answer as of yet but Yes I do believe I will have to open the ECU on these to get the flash done as quite a few of the late model ECU's are this way.

Comment

^Exactly.. whether its cracked open or flashed Audi will know once you take the car in for service and its hooked up.

Comment

GIAC's first Audi A7 3.0T customer puts his GIAC tune to the test against a friends C63 AMG and destroys the competition!

Rough specs;
                C63 AMG - 451hp & 443ftlb, 3880lbs - 12.4@114.8mph
                Stock A7 - 310hp & 325ftlb, 4260lbs - 13.9@101mph (My kind of land yacht!)

And here is his results;
                I wanted to let you know I tested my car against a friend's c63 today, I literally destroyed him in every single run, like 2-3 lengths, the most when standing still, it was more close when we did it from rolling like around 30mph but still the Audi won every single time, I could see the c63 approaching little by little like above 80-100mph, I guess the v8 power is more noticeable in higher speeds, but still no contest there, I was really surprised, my friend tried with paddles, in sport, sport plus, and nothing no contest.
                The A7 with the Giac is really really fast, the guy at the shop tested it yesterday and he said it pulls harder than any s4-s5 he has chipped with Stasis.

Comment

Sorry for the delay guys, finally got some horsepower numbers for you! Gains of 68whp & 28wtq on bone stock hardware, over 400whp on 91oct!

Last edited by AllGo'n'Show; 11-01-2012, 05:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X