2001 Audi S4 - Engine Smoke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 Audi S4 - Engine Smoke

I was going to move my car into the garage for the winter and ended up with a dead battery. In the process of boosting the car I noticed some smoke coming out on the drivers side of the engine bay. It smells like either a belt or something plastic is burning.

2001.5 Audi S4

Originally posted by James
    My engine may be a solid 4 liters smaller than yours, but i have a HUGE penis

Re: 2001 Audi S4 - Engine Smoke

On a side note does anyone have a multimeter so I can test my battery? The car does not seem to hold a charge even after a boost.
    2001.5 Audi S4

Originally posted by James
    My engine may be a solid 4 liters smaller than yours, but i have a HUGE penis

Comment

Looks like your valve cover may be leaking down onto your exhaust.

I don't have sound was the car running or warm when this was happening? If it was sitting for a while it is very possible of oil leaking down otherwise if it was hot there could be a piece of plastic on there as well.
      Come see us for Sonax Cleaning Supplies, Parts, ECS Orders and General Maintenance!
      Follow us on Twitter!

Calgary Autoworks
      #7, 1115 - 48th Ave SE
      Calgary, Alberta
      T2G 2A7
      403-243-9661
      Info@CalgaryAutoworks.com

Comment

VC gaskets were done just before you bought the car (You have the receipt in the binder under tunedub). When the wastegate lines were being replaced they may have pushed something closer to the turbo so I would start looking in that area. Coolant over flow hose goes down that way but that would probably smell a little more sweet.

The battery on that one is only about a year old if I remember right check to make sure the RNS is shutting off I had it happen once or twice where the back light on the screen seemed to stay on after jumping the car one spring.
        2020 Toyota Corolla Hatch (At least its a Manual!)
        2001 Audi S4 (Trunk still smells like Ryan?)
        2001 Audi A4 - RIP
        2004 Mygale SJ04 - Racecar
        2013 Toyota Sienna - Baby Transporter
        2001.5 Audi S4 -SOLD
        1986 Reynard SF86 -SOLD
        2003 Jetta GLI - Garbage bin

Comment

Working...
        X