HID Bulbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HID Bulbs

Does anyone in the Calgary have extra HID bulbs for a US spec B5 S4 (35 Watt bulbs)?
    One of mine went out and I would like to get some for cheap while my new set comes in the mail.

Re: HID Bulbs

yup i have a set of OEM ones you can use

Andrew
    Team Highschool
    Twin Turbo Turbo Smurf Avant

www.ctsturbo.com - the home for all your turbo needs. PM me for details.

Comment

Got some.
      Thanks Andrew!

Comment

Is there much difference between the us spec HID and the canadian factory non HID for the B5? Mine always look like are nonexistent.
        2011 Jetta TDI

Comment

Originally posted by canuck699 View Post
          Is there much difference between the us spec HID and the canadian factory non HID for the B5? Mine always look like are nonexistent.
          Are you asking if there is a difference between HID bulbs and halogen bulbs? Or the actual headlights?

Comment

brightness difference between them. I know the bulbs are different, etc but was curious how much of a difference going to HiD lights make on the car. US spec HiD, aftermarket, vs europeanspec HID.
            2011 Jetta TDI

Comment

The cutoff on eurospecs is, IMO, much better than US spec. The beam is much tighter and brighter than my US HID's. ___/ ___/ <--- the ecode beam looks something like this.
              --
              Rod
              Ex-presidente

Drive

2016 VW Golf .:R

Drove
              2001.5 Audi S4 / Santorin Blue STAGE II+ / JFonz Tuned

Comment

I haven't had any experience with B5's specifically but i much prefer US spec cutoffs. A few reasons include the fact that they are easier to aim and tell when you are blinding other people, the fact that with e-codes you usually blind everybody to the right of your car because it only slopes and does not slope back straight, true it is easier to read signs on the side of the road but sometimes they can be blindingly bright and almost illegible from too much light shining on the signs (like a high beam at night against reflective signs).

Comment

Although I have the e-code style on my GTI I would have to agree with MechEngg. Driving at night I can see driver's faces lit up via their side-view mirror when I pass them, but find it much easier to read road signs on the right shoulder of the road.
                  Last edited by Silverstoned; 11-14-2012, 02:34 PM.
                  Jeff

his - '03 GTI VR6
                  hers - '06 A4 S-line Avant
                  sigpic

Comment

I have 55w ballasts on my RS2 projectors, the light output is incredible.
                    Find me on Instagram @pry4sno

Candy White 2010 VW Golf Sportwagen TDI 6 speed /// #farmenwagen
                    Indigo Pearl Effect 1992 80q 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled
                    Brilliant Black 1990 Coupe quattro /// Because Racecar

Comment

Working...
                    X