B5 S4 Front Brake issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B5 S4 Front Brake issues

So I was working on replacing my front brake lines with stainless steel ones to pass my OPI, and the connection on the old flex lines to the hard line on the caliper is all seized up. In my attempt to loosen it up I have stripped the nut on the hardline. (Yes I was using the correct tools, 11mm and 16mm wrenches).
    Both sides are seized up at the caliper side connection of the flex hose, only one side has a stripped nut. I disconnected the fender liner side connection on both sides no problem.

Does anyone have any ideas on getting the flex line separated from the hardline? (I have already tried vice-grips)
    Or do I just need to order new hardlines and cut the old ones out?

Any help would be appreciated.

-Matt

Re: B5 S4 Front Brake issues

I'm going to be of very little help, but you weren't using proper tools. You should have had line wrenches. They look like a box ended wrench with a slit in it to go over the line.

Otherwise lots of penetrating oil and some vice grips?
    2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer SS. Daily. Far from stock.

2001.5 Audi S4. Billet rs6 and everything else. FOR SALE. $6500
    Need this car sold.

1960 Ford Falcon.

Comment

My bad, I guess that was my big mistake.
      I'm going to try the penetrating oil and vice grips and see if that gets me anywhere.

Also, if anybody has some hard lines for sale please let me know.

Comment

Ya need to use a flare nut wrench :(

Might help to heat em up too

I can order in some OEM lines but prob your best bet for today is go to parts source and they sell brake lines in different lengths that are already flared. You will just need to bend them gently to fit.
        Now offering detailing services!! http://www.gtrauto.ca/detailing-services.html

United Motorsport, Kerma TDI, KW, APR, COBB, Magnaflow, K&N, AFE, Motul, Lubromoly, Sonax, Air Lift, HPA, Ohlins, Klutch Wheels, Remus Exhaust

info@gtrauto.ca / www.gtrauto.ca / GTR Auto Facebook

Comment

I just put the car back together and bled the brakes. I think I might just take it to a shop because I need to pass my OPI soon, and they will have better tools than myself.

Comment

I didn't give up!
            I got new hard lines from the dealership for $66, Calgary Autoworks wanted $115+ to make me new hardlines.
            I also bought the correct wrenches.
            I got it all back together last night and the brakes feel awesome with the new ECS stainless flex lines.

Comment

Working...
            X