V8 Allroad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V8 Allroad

It's been a while since I posted in here. I was in Calgary last week and saw an 04/05 Allroad 4.2 parked on 9th just exiting the core. It was either black or dark blue with matching flairs. Does it belong to anyone here?

I may be looking for one in the spring/summer as our Eurovan is coming to end of life.

Cheers,
    Adam

Re: V8 Allroad

Nooo eurovans don't die! Mine needs a lot of body work though :(
    Name: Brent
    His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
    Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
    Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

v8s are imported from the US only.. not sure why they didn't sell them here

04,05 years

same v8 as the 4.2 B6,b7 S4 just detuned to 300HP.. but you can ship it to 340HP no problem

other than that same issues with ARs, leaky airbags after a while, rusty door blades and tranmission issues (well this is fixed on later 04+s so i wouldn't worry about that part)

fun car if you can find one!

Comment

Is it the same V8? I thought the allroad V8's were like the A6 that had a timing belt not a chain (which is a good thing BTW!!)?
        Derek

-2008 Avus Silver RS4-Fat ass II
        -1996 C4S-Fat Ass
        -2007 FJ Cruiser-6 speed

Comment

Originally posted by GINCH View Post
          Is it the same V8? I thought the allroad V8's were like the A6 that had a timing belt not a chain (which is a good thing BTW!!)?
          Derek is correct. It is afterall a jacked up A6.
          John
          1986 Meteor Grey Metallic Squashed VW Beetle
          2011 Mineral Grey Durango R/T AWD

Comment

nope.. its the same 4.2 as the s4 had sorry guys

Comment

Sonofabitch! I looked it up and Ryan is correct. Why the belt version would fit an A6 but not an Allroad is a mystery to me (to be fair, I may not be that hard to stump) but there you go.. Shorty chain drive version it is..
              John
              1986 Meteor Grey Metallic Squashed VW Beetle
              2011 Mineral Grey Durango R/T AWD

Comment

i think because it was an 04,05 model which the 2.7t is a new block,turbos,etc

Comment

Working...
                X