BMW M6 GranCoupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BMW M6 GranCoupe

Following this morning's leak, BMW has officially unveiled the M6 GranCoupe.

Designed to be the ultimate sports sedan, the M6 has an aggressive body kit with a new front bumper, revised side skirts and a carbon fiber-reinforced plastic (CFRP) rear diffuser. There's also a CFRP roof, Shadow Line trim, a four-tailpipe sports exhaust system and 20-inch alloy wheels.

Interior changes are limited but the model is nicely equipped with Merino leather seats, an M steering wheel, illuminated sill plates and an Alcantara roof liner. Options include M multifunction seats, GPS navigation and a Bang & Olufsen audio system.

Power is provided by a twin-turbo 4.4-liter V8 engine that develops 560 HP (412 kW) and 680 Nm (502 lb-ft) of torque. It is connected to a seven-speed M Double Clutch Transmission which enables the car to accelerate from 0-100 km/h in 4.2 seconds and hit an electronically-limited top speed of 250 km/h (155 mph) or 305 km/h (189 mph) with the optional M Driver’s Package. In terms of efficiency, the model averages 9.9 L/100km (28.5 mpg UK / 23.7 mpg US) with CO2 emissions of 232 g/km.

Besides the powerful engine, the M6 is equipped with a sport-tuned suspension, a revised rack-and-pinion steering system and an Active M Differential. Customers can also order carbon-ceramic brakes which have "greater resistance to heat, lower weight and exceptional resistance to wear."

The M6 GranCoupe will go on sale in Germany in May and pricing starts at €128,800 (including a 19% VAT). U.S. sales are slated for early next summer, but there's no word on pricing.

Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Re: BMW M6 GranCoupe

Dislike simply for the fact that the M5 was supposed to be the super sedan. Why 4 door? what happened to the beautiful 2door M6?!?!?
    Patryk
    Instagram: @parkus08

91 BMW 340is ///M-Tech II - Under construction
    08 VW .:R32
    04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

Yeah I don't get the point of this car at all! Don't like!!!!
      Derek

-2008 Avus Silver RS4-Fat ass II
      -1996 C4S-Fat Ass
      -2007 FJ Cruiser-6 speed

Comment

ya no kidding
        WTH??

that steering wheel looks bad ass thou
        ~~TODD~~
        '12 x5 35d fully deleted (DUDMD Stg2)

Comment

There is a proper M6 coupe too, this is to compete with the likes of the CLS, personally I might prefer this over the M5 with everything else being equal, just a sleeker version of the super sedan.
          Blair
          Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

i wonder what the difference is in weight? with m6 vs m6 grand sport vs m5
            who is king of the hill?
            ~~TODD~~
            '12 x5 35d fully deleted (DUDMD Stg2)

Comment

M5 Curb weight 1,990 Kgs
              M6 Coupe curb weight, 1,930 kgs

Not sure on the new gran coupe I would assume it should be in between the two???
              Blair

Comment

i dont dislike the car, i dislike the point of the car.
                BMW seems like it is lost in its own forest of products and has forgotten its own offerings.
                Team Highschool
                Twin Turbo Turbo Smurf Avant

www.ctsturbo.com - the home for all your turbo needs. PM me for details.

Comment

They really seem to be into the niche car offering and trying to make a car for every single niche possible, and maybe even inventing a few niches of their own as well.
                  Blair

Comment

Originally posted by RONDAL View Post
                    i dont dislike the car, i dislike the point of the car.
                    BMW seems like it is lost in its own forest of products and has forgotten its own offerings.
                    This. Seems like they made a 4 door version of the 2 door version thats based on the 4 door M5.....
                    Patryk
                    Instagram: @parkus08

91 BMW 340is ///M-Tech II - Under construction
                    08 VW .:R32
                    04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

These Gran Coupes are targeted at those who like the body styling of coupes but need 4 doors, that's pretty much the main reason why these are being made.
                      MK5 .:R32 - Aston

Comment

i don't mind it.. a GT car pretty much.

Comment

Originally posted by Kg810 View Post
                          These Gran Coupes are targeted at those who like the body styling of coupes but need 4 doors, that's pretty much the main reason why these are being made.
                          Yet this looks exactly like a sedan (albeit one with llooooonnnnggg hood) and not at all like the swoopy orriginal CLS or A7 etc..

PS. I dig it...
                          Last edited by JPO; 12-13-2012, 03:57 PM.
                          John
                          1986 Meteor Grey Metallic Squashed VW Beetle
                          2011 Mineral Grey Durango R/T AWD

Comment

Originally posted by JPO View Post
                            Yet this looks exactly like a sedan (albeit one with llooooonnnnggg hood) and not at all like the swoopy orriginal CLS or A7 etc..

PS. I dig it...
                            In this case it's kinda hard to compare a 6 series Sedan, Coupe and Gran Coupe. But if there was a 6 series Sedan, it most definitely would have its own front and back end.

It might be easier to see when you compare the 3 series Sedan, 4 series Coupe and Gran Coupe. The 3 series Sedan is clearly different than the 4 series Gran Coupe. And all Gran Coupes will have a longer wheel base than the Sedan/Coupe variants.
                            MK5 .:R32 - Aston

Comment

stupid.
                              you probably don't like me because someone else said they didn't lol. <3

Comment

Working...
                              X