S4 bumper question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S4 bumper question

main question is which looks better ? my bumber is perty mangled and i would like to replace it soon, money is tighter as im planing a wedding so this may have to be on the cheap end. oem audi bumpers are a hard find and cost $$$.

i found this one for just arounf 350 shipped, yes its fibeglass with some plastic to allow bending without breaking. http://www.extremeparts.ca/new/index...mart&Itemid=36

pic of installed on a car

pic of my bumper. only now there is a crack about 3 inch long right at the bottom middle (very noticable)

which is better, get the RS4 clone or keep my stock one for now?
    2016 VW GTI (Stock)
    2016 VW Jetta 1.4T (Stock)
    1994 Audi UrS4 - BW S257 SX-E built engine on VEMs.
    2001 Audi S4 - K04s, J-Fonz Tuned ( Gone! Dropped valve)

Re: S4 bumper question

That RS4 clone looks awful IMO.

Id suggest working your intercooler piping better and finding a used OEM S4 bumper to replace your current one with

Pat

His
    1989 Porsche Carrera 4 // 5 Speed // Guards Red

Hers
    1987 VW Cabriolet // 20VT // O2J // Recaros // Porsche Slate Grey // Ronal Turbos // FK Coilovers

2005 Porsche Cayenne S

Theirs
    1977 VW Type 2 Westfalia

Gone
    2004 Audi A4 1.8T // quattro // 6 Speed // Brilliant Red
    Fully built 1.8T || AEB || Motoza tuned || ID1000 || S4 MAF || GT3076R

Comment

Originally posted by onceover View Post

Id suggest working your intercooler piping better and finding a used OEM S4 bumper to replace your current one with
      This. x2

Saves me a lot of typing... lol

I might be able to lend a hand if you need one, with regards to the intercooler piping fitting. LMK
      Find me on Instagram @pry4sno

Candy White 2010 VW Golf Sportwagen TDI 6 speed /// #farmenwagen
      Indigo Pearl Effect 1992 80q 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled
      Brilliant Black 1990 Coupe quattro /// Because Racecar

Comment

I think you will be unhappy with that plastic+fiberglass one in the long term, next -25C day (like today) you will hit some snow on the road and it will just crack? It will also be hard to fit, oftentimes that kind of bumper gets a bit warped before it goes onto the car and its a pita to make it look straight again.

#1 priority for sure is fix your FMIC fitment and then I would say look for a used bumper to clean up, prep and get sprayed.
        KR
        Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

I'd be more then willing to let you take a look at the Fmic. But it fits pretty good behind the bumper. I do agree about the looks.
          Originally posted by PRY4SNO View Post
          This. x2

Saves me a lot of typing... lol

I might be able to lend a hand if you need one, with regards to the intercooler piping fitting. LMK
          2016 VW GTI (Stock)

Comment

Used ones are extremely hard to locate. Oem would be my first choice if I could find one used.

2016 VW GTI (Stock)

Comment

OG s4 bumpers cost an arm and a leg.. OEM RS4 costs an arm/leg plus you need a ton of new parts to properly make it work

the one in the photo is the original rieger rs4 bumper(well a knockoff of it).. lltek in quebec used to sell it but now has the V2 one which i don't like the look of

i remember mark's old A4 (back in the day) had this uberhaus lltek bumper which fit and looked damn good at the time.. just leave out the stupid fog lights

http://lltek.com/A4_B5_RSR.htm

here is the updated rieger
              http://lltek.com/riegrtek_A4_B5.htm
              Last edited by R_Ethug; 01-29-2013, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Lltek bumper is nice but its 800 + shipping...at that rate oem s4 from audi is the same price. The updated rieger is about the same.

Originally posted by Ryan View Post
                OG s4 bumpers cost an arm and a leg.. OEM RS4 costs an arm/leg plus you need a ton of new parts to properly make it work

the one in the photo is the original rieger rs4 bumper(well a knockoff of it).. lltek in quebec used to sell it but now has the V2 one which i don't like the look of

i remember mark's old A4 (back in the day) had this uberhaus lltek bumper which fit and looked damn good at the time.. just leave out the stupid fog lights

http://lltek.com/A4_B5_RSR.htm

here is the updated rieger
                http://lltek.com/riegrtek_A4_B5.htm
                2016 VW GTI (Stock)

Comment

ask this guy if he has a bumper and fit a A4 bumper if you were going to work it for fitment of the piping

http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ451041316

Comment

A4 bumpers dont look nearly as good as S4 ones. They also have less space for the intercooler

Pat

His
                    1989 Porsche Carrera 4 // 5 Speed // Guards Red

Hers
                    1987 VW Cabriolet // 20VT // O2J // Recaros // Porsche Slate Grey // Ronal Turbos // FK Coilovers

2005 Porsche Cayenne S

Theirs
                    1977 VW Type 2 Westfalia

Gone
                    2004 Audi A4 1.8T // quattro // 6 Speed // Brilliant Red
                    Fully built 1.8T || AEB || Motoza tuned || ID1000 || S4 MAF || GT3076R

Comment

This is a very good point, even thought I'd like to replace the Fmic with good smics I would still not put a a4 bumper on to replace mine.
                      A4 bumpers dont look nearly as good as S4 ones. They also have less space for the intercooler
                      2016 VW GTI (Stock)

Comment

A4 bumpers are not remotely close to the same in the B5 chassis. Used good shape OE S4 bumpers are impossible to find in Canada. I say bit e the bullet and buy new from local Audi dealer. I bought mine new from Audis4parts in the USA, but I also ordered fenders and hood at the same time to help offset the shipping cost
                        I may appear to be nice, but don't be fooled, I probably don't like you

Comment

Originally posted by Mantis View Post
                          A4 bumpers are not remotely close to the same in the B5 chassis. Used good shape OE S4 bumpers are impossible to find in Canada. I say bit e the bullet and buy new from local Audi dealer. I bought mine new from Audis4parts in the USA, but I also ordered fenders and hood at the same time to help offset the shipping cost
                          That's funny cause I'm waiting on a email from Bryan , could you pm me on what you paid for it all cause I need a hood and fenders as well so it may be worth it to order from him all body panels I need.
                          2016 VW GTI (Stock)

Comment

I doubt he will be willing to ship a hood north of the border again, mine got fucked in shipping. I think I paid 1400 with shipping
                            I may appear to be nice, but don't be fooled, I probably don't like you

Comment

Ahh... I see. I think I remember that. Shitty deal. I know when I got brakes from him I has a similar issue and he was not happy.
                              2016 VW GTI (Stock)

Comment

Working...
                              X