Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody get in on 034's b5 rear sway-bar and brackets??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody get in on 034's b5 rear sway-bar and brackets??

Just a question to see if anybody got in on the 034 rear sway-bar and brackets deal? I have not had luck shipping from 034 and just wondering if anybody got in on the deal and now that they are about to start shipping, how they are getting it shipped to Alta?

I have use USPS from 034 and it took more than a month. Caught in customs for 2 weeks. Tried DHL and that was even worse took 10 calls to them just to get the paperwork straightened out and 3 weeks to get 100 dollars worth of parts.

I seem to remember someone on here ordering one. So how are you shipping it? I never seem to have issues with other big items coming out off the US but 034 seems to be different.

Re: Anybody get in on 034's b5 rear sway-bar and brackets??

I talk to Jeremy at 034 directly and ive had zero problems with them. They shipped my order same day, arrived in 5 business days, no COD charges. It worked out great for me via USPS

EDIT: It wasn't for that deal specifically, just other parts if that matters
    Last edited by MechEngg; 02-09-2013, 11:46 AM.

Comment

I use FedEx express with them and no issues, on time and no fees for brokerage. They sent a backordered part to me via DHL though, and it was here on time but the fees were outrageous. So I called them and they should have it back here for Monday according to the tracking number.

No I didn't get in on the Swaybar buy though.

Jeremy is the man also.

Erik
      Last edited by Parts Erik; 02-09-2013, 12:11 PM.
      Service Manager
      Audi Royal Oak

403-374-5018
      erikk@royaloakaudi.com

Comment

Over the years, I've bought a lot of parts from 034, and have talked with A LOT of 034 guys, find I get mixed results from any of them at various points in time. Best luck overall (for me so far) is through Sam.

DHL is my go-to courier, actually... I'm pretty surprised to hear of any delays or unexpected fees, as they've always been the fastest/cheapest/most reliable of the big three couriers. When I don't need the part now I always go with USPS, hardly have issues with them and customs... typically that's UPS!
        Find me on Instagram @pry4sno

Candy White 2010 VW Golf Sportwagen TDI 6 speed /// #farmenwagen
        Indigo Pearl Effect 1992 80q 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled
        Brilliant Black 1990 Coupe quattro /// Because Racecar

Comment

I did. Straight to the border. Awesome stuff. But I live closer so shipping is cheap and going to the border and back is simple. There is usually someone I know picking stuff up within a week or two. Perks of living in Lethbridge I guess.
          The bar is awesome and shipped from them to the border in 2 days. I had it in 3.
          Last edited by stuvy; 02-10-2013, 03:08 AM.
          2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer SS. Daily. Far from stock.

2001.5 Audi S4. Billet rs6 and everything else. FOR SALE. $6500
          Need this car sold.

1960 Ford Falcon.

Comment

Originally posted by stuvy View Post
            I did. Straight to the border. Awesome stuff. But I live closer so shipping is cheap and going to the border and back is simple. There is usually someone I know picking stuff up within a week or two. Perks of living in Lethbridge I guess.
            The bar is awesome and shipped from them to the border in 2 days. I had it in 3.
            did you get the brackets? I was waiting for them to ship all at once. I was considering doing the ship to the boarder then driver down for a pick up of heavy things. Where do you ship to on the US side?

Comment

There are a few places in Sweetgrass...google Sweetgrass shipping or storage.

Those bars looked great.. but its the price of the brackets that pushed me away. Well that and the fact there isnt a track here, so actually making use of them a bit more difficult.

Comment

I didn't get the end links.

Need this car sold.

1960 Ford Falcon.

Comment

Did you get the subframe brace/bracket?

From multiple posts it didnt look like you could run it without them... or highly suggested that you didnt.

Comment

It works fine without them.

Need this car sold.

1960 Ford Falcon.

Comment

I cant see it being worth the chance of the rear subframe cracking and needing to be welded....then adding the brackets again at that point.

(From Lazlo: There is a pretty good chance that the portion of the rear subframe where the sway bar mounts attach will crack and need to be rewelded.)

Id keep in mind this is the only rear sway on the market that doesnt automatically include these brackets... thats gotta tell you something.

Comment

is it worth it over the stock rear sway? or do we have one lol?

Comment

You have one, just thinner and not as stiff.
                          For the most part (ie. unless you drive like a maniac) you wouldnt notice the difference in basic city driving, but if you autocross or track regularly it makes a big difference in making your car handle a bit more neutral, if not oversteer in certain situations.(And depending on the setting)

Comment

ahh.. how much were they in the end? like 150 bucks or soemthing?

Comment

They were $160 for the bar and $100 for the brackets.

Yes you will crack your sub frame if you track(road coarse/autocross) with a heavier rear sway-bar, fairly common on the b5.

And any addition over stock will be an improvement. I am hopping that with the current vogtland GTs , 4:1 Torsen Centre diff with the addition of 255s at all corners and this kit it will really help with understeer.

Comment

Working...
                              X