Best Windshield Wiper Blades?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Windshield Wiper Blades?

The "Baby Car" needs new wiper blades. Wondering what are the best ones? Any positive/negative feedback on brands/styles? Let me know.

Thanks in advance!

Pic for clicks (wink, wink... Derek)

Rob
    Daddy's "Hooligan" - MK4 R32 in Deep Blue Pearl
    Mommy's "Gran Turismo" - E70 X5M in Black Sapphire Metallic

GONE... BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:

The Family "Muscle Car" - B7 RS4 in Misano Red - Dad's 20th Anniversary "Wanna-be R32" GTi

Re: Best Windshield Wiper Blades?

I personally found that the OEM Bosch blades worked the best, and last the longest against the elements. I've tried many other brands, and found that Bosch did the job, and did the job well. I'm sure you will get many opinions on here about different brands, but there's my 2 cents!
    Dubwerkz -
    E36 325i - Sold.
    E36 328is - Sold.
    TR MKIV GTI 1.8T - Daily.
    www.ctsturbo.com

Comment

1+ Bosch blades. Evolution

Comment

Any blade will be good at first but I also found Bosch ones lasted longest...
        KR
        Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

I found the michelin ones from costco work really well, wiper blades should be replaced twice a year anyways, its amazing how many people go years without changing them and then ***** that the ones theyve used are crap.

the Bosch ones work good too, i think ill be using the michelin ones again tho.
          Current:
          2017 VW Golf Sportwagen 4Motion DSG
          2013 VW Jetta 2.5
          Past:
          2005 VW JTI 1.8T
          1993 VW Jetta 2.0
          1996 VW GTI VR6

1991 Ford F150 4X4
          1989 Nissan Kingcab 2WD
          1983 Buick Skylark

Comment

I got my Passat ones from dealer. The Bosch ones on from other stores were not the same fitment. The one OEM one's mount was off-centre on the blade by quite a bit and the blade covers the window better. The non-OEM Bosch ones were typical with the mount dead centre. They worked fine, but didn't cover as well. This will be car specific though... for most cars I think it won't matter.
            Stefan
            -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
            -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
            -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
            -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Another vote for OEM

Pat

His
              1989 Porsche Carrera 4 // 5 Speed // Guards Red

Hers
              1987 VW Cabriolet // 20VT // O2J // Recaros // Porsche Slate Grey // Ronal Turbos // FK Coilovers

2005 Porsche Cayenne S

Theirs
              1977 VW Type 2 Westfalia

Gone
              2004 Audi A4 1.8T // quattro // 6 Speed // Brilliant Red
              Fully built 1.8T || AEB || Motoza tuned || ID1000 || S4 MAF || GT3076R

Comment

I use the Valeo's they are half the price of the Bosch and are just as good.

Comment

Originally posted by witchcraftz View Post
                  I use the Valeo's they are half the price of the Bosch and are just as good.
                  Valeos are pretty good, I personally run the Bosch Evolutions on the Passat and I get the Bosch Wiper Inserts for the GLI. I've heard good things about the Ultra-8 ones but cant bring myself to try them.
                  Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
                  2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

The only option you would have is the Bosch aerotwin / Valeo gen2 / OEM (which is Valeo) as they have a special connector for the audi models.

As for a generic blade I have been using Bosch icons for the past year. I love them
                    Now offering detailing services!! http://www.gtrauto.ca/detailing-services.html

United Motorsport, Kerma TDI, KW, APR, COBB, Magnaflow, K&N, AFE, Motul, Lubromoly, Sonax, Air Lift, HPA, Ohlins, Klutch Wheels, Remus Exhaust

info@gtrauto.ca / www.gtrauto.ca / GTR Auto Facebook

Comment

I use OEM Valeo, been great so far, on my second set since I got the car. I always make sure to have some RainX on the windshield so I don't have to wear them down as much.
                      MK5 .:R32 - Aston

Comment

OEM valeo/bosch aero's which should be on your car are the best

LOL mine have been on for 5 years and never replaced!

Comment

Working...
                        X