Value Of My B5 S4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Value Of My B5 S4

I know ill never get every cent ive put into this car. Just looking for fair market value . Id like to see between 8-9 if i can. i know that mods wont increase valve but doing a turbo swap on this car should.
    2016 VW GTI (Stock)
    2016 VW Jetta 1.4T (Stock)
    1994 Audi UrS4 - BW S257 SX-E built engine on VEMs.
    2001 Audi S4 - K04s, J-Fonz Tuned ( Gone! Dropped valve)

Comment

Originally posted by Kor View Post
      Honestly I disagree, I wouldn't pay for an upgrade over OEM for a turbo on a used car purchase, and I think the majority of car buyers would be with me... but we can agree to disagree on that one, no harm
      no i agree with erik's caveat. you cant sell a heavily modified car to a general buyer and get what you want for it. you can if you sell to an enthusiast as they know more about whats gone into it.
      if you're selling a b5 s4 to an unknown buyer they are looking at it like its stock, whatever. you sell to an enthusiast they understand the finer details and are willing to pay more for that vs some stock car.
      Team Highschool
      Twin Turbo Turbo Smurf Avant

www.ctsturbo.com - the home for all your turbo needs. PM me for details.

Comment

As a buyer I'm always very leery of heavily modified cars, any car that has a couple of minor upgrades is cool, but major stuff gets me thinking about how hard this car was used (read abused), how much it's going to cost to replace these upgraded parts when/if they fail, and how much extra cost there will be for mechanical work due to it not being stock and the mechanic having to poke around for extra time to figure it out.

I actually would value a heavily modified car lower than market value due to these concerns. As some said you may find a person out there who is very happy to pay a small premium for the fact it's upgraded, but many other people will start running away. :(

I'd agree with parting the mods out and going back to stock, or almost. It's a better bang for your buck and a quicker sale.

Comment

Depends on the service history. If you get a stack of receipts showing the proper maintenance you can save a ton if you find what you intend to build already built.

But most owners, even enthusiasts, don't keep excel spreadsheets and pdf them to prove. Those owners are the exception to the rule, and often have exceptional cars worth paying a premium over the market value.
          Find me on Instagram @pry4sno

Candy White 2010 VW Golf Sportwagen TDI 6 speed /// #farmenwagen
          Indigo Pearl Effect 1992 80q 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled
          Brilliant Black 1990 Coupe quattro /// Because Racecar

Comment

Working...
          X