How to Check Wheel Speed Sensor b5s4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How to Check Wheel Speed Sensor b5s4

When out for a test drive after replacing the clock spring you need to get rolling up to 20kms and then make a turn at said speed without braking, then drive straight for an additional 20m or so.
    I may appear to be nice, but don't be fooled, I probably don't like you

Comment

Re: How to Check Wheel Speed Sensor b5s4

Andrew one thing you could try is measuring the voltage across the wheel speed sensors and making sure they're all equal depth to the tone wheel.

Another thing to check is if the tone wheels at the axles have cracked.

Originally posted by 123quattro
      B5 A4s had lots of issues with tone wheels cracking on the axle. I don't think it's much of an issue with older cars. Since your symptom is low speed activation it sounds like the sensor it too far away. As the teeth go by they generate a sign wave output that the controller uses. As vehicle speed increases frequency and amplitude both get bigger. If the sensor is too far away from the tone wheel at low speed the amplitude is less that it should. The controller stops using the sensor under a set voltage due to plausibility.
      I grabbed this off Motorgeek from a symptom thread relating to coupe quattros, but the theory should still be similar.

HTH
      Last edited by PRY4SNO; 04-05-2013, 12:18 PM.
      Find me on Instagram @pry4sno

Candy White 2010 VW Golf Sportwagen TDI 6 speed /// #farmenwagen
      Indigo Pearl Effect 1992 80q 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled
      Brilliant Black 1990 Coupe quattro /// Because Racecar

Comment

Working...
      X