Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1st gear started slipping in the allroad...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st gear started slipping in the allroad...

Haven't had a chance to poke around yet but I'm hoping it may just need a tranny service (fluid, etc.) as I have not lost reverse which is usually a sign of the TC going. All other gears appear to be shifting fine, but first gear rev's pretty high and then finally locks in. Anybody have a similar experience with an auto Audi? Car now has 155k miles (US car) so it's probably due for a full tranny service anyway (last one was at 90k), but am I dreaming big dreams hoping that is all it is?

TIA
    Kyle
    2000 Audi S4

Re: 1st gear started slipping in the allroad...

Anyone know for sure if an S4 auto tranny can be used in an allroad (Mantis/Ryan)? Doing a 6sp swap on the S4 and my tranny is a fully rebuilt unit with upgraded VB and TC so it would be awesome if I could reuse it... And chances are the allroad tranny is toast :(
    Last edited by Smarty39; 04-29-2013, 07:51 AM.
    Kyle
    2000 Audi S4

Comment

When the trans shits the bed, you are usually only left with reverse
      I may appear to be nice, but don't be fooled, I probably don't like you

Comment

The TIP trans are different gear ratio's and final drive between the platforms, so no go on the S4 trans, unless you happen to have an A6 rear diff (TIP), yup I have one of those

Comment

Just got off the phone with George and he said there were pieces of metal in the pan (he said it's toast).

Ryan - any insight on my swap question? Can the S4 trans be used in the allroad?
          Kyle
          2000 Audi S4

Comment

Sorry, posted too quick I guess lol. So as far as you're concerned I can use it if I have an A6 diff (which you would sell for a steal of a deal )?
            Kyle
            2000 Audi S4

Comment

Correct, you also need an A6 TCU, (also have) programmed with the correct gear ratio's

Comment

Oh yeah and A6 half shafts, as you probably noticed the allroad has some odd beefy units up front

Comment

(also have)

Comment

I see where this is going lol... PM'd
                    Kyle
                    2000 Audi S4

Comment

Working...
                    X