B5-s4 cv boot question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B5-s4 cv boot question

I have a question for anyone who has done the outside boot before on 01 s4. Do you have to replace the bolt on the hub if your only replacing the boot? Looks like the boot kits don't include it, unless you order a rep axle or ecstuning kit. If it has to be replaced,is Audi the only place I have a chance at getting one? The kit I picked up doesn't have a bolt and the DIY on audidiy says you need to replace the bolt, which comes in the kit.

2001 b5 s4 manual
    140k and counting
    2011 Jetta TDI

Re: B5-s4 cv boot question

I believe they're stretch bolts, but there's no need to pay $4/ea at the dealer.

Look up a 'bolt & supply warehouse' local to you and get replacements for cheeeeaaaappppp.

Be sure to either have a bolt with you or the dimensions, thread pitch and grade when you go or else you might not get the right/same one. If you're unsure, call the stealer for specs and go buy one elsewhere at a reasonable price haha

HTH

On and PS

I've pulled mine off and re-installed them but they do want to back off. So you can get away with it temporarily but it's not recommended.
    Find me on Instagram @pry4sno

Candy White 2010 VW Golf Sportwagen TDI 6 speed /// #farmenwagen
    Indigo Pearl Effect 1992 80q 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled
    Brilliant Black 1990 Coupe quattro /// Because Racecar

Comment

Re: B5-s4 cv boot question

I have re-used my inner cv bolts as well as the outer stretch bolt dozens of times, never had any back out on me
      I may appear to be nice, but don't be fooled, I probably don't like you

Comment

Working...
      X