Wheel Painting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel Painting Thread

Hey guys, I search barred this and nothing overly relevant came up so I'll just start this anyways.

So as I mentioned in my intro thread, I'm going to repaint my wheels on my Amulet Red B6 a4. They're plastidipped in white but I find the texture is weird and they're impossible to get clean (white duuh)! So I'm going to do a brightish blue kind of like the ford blue that I see on mustangs all the time just because I think it will look unique and it will pop!
    Anyways, cut to the chase, if any of you know of a paint that will do well and not chip a whole lot in this kind of colour/where to get it, let me know!
    Also, I'm going to fix the curb rash that's from before I owned the car, what's the best stuff to use as filler for rims? I could always use bondo but I feel like there's something better.
    ALSO, I want to do Krylon Glowz Claercoat on it because I think that would also be pretty damn cool but so far I've noticed you can only get it in the states! If anyone knows where I could get my hands on it let me know please! I can order off amazon but I'd rather pick it up locally.
    Thanks guys! It will be done once I collect all the materials and everyting probably 2ish weeks. I'll post pics when it's done!
    Evan

Brilliant Black B6 A4 1.8T

Re: Wheel Painting Thread

Use JB weld to fill.

If you want them to look the best possible, spend a little extra and get them painted professionally.
    Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
    2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

Calgary Powder Coatings. Last time I checked it was pretty cheap per rim. I don't think they fix any chips or curb rash though so you'll have to do that before taking the rims in.
      Isaac

Instagram:@ipetersphotog
      Then: 2000 Jetta 2.0L (2005-2012)
      Now: 2012 Golf TDI

Comment

joe@kwicksilver.ca great work and prices
        Hers 2009 Audi A4 6sp manual
        Mine....2005 Golf TDI, VNT 17, Malone tuned stage 4, Spec stage 2 clutch, FMIC, Ventectomy, NewSouth gauges, BuzzKen 2.5 turbo back exhaust, Evolution Skidplate, Helix OEM Reps retrofitted with Morimoto Bixenon mini's, ST coils, colour matched Huffs. Frostheater

Comment

Originally posted by BaggedGLI View Post
          Use JB weld to fill.

If you want them to look the best possible, spend a little extra and get them painted professionally.
          Where can I get JB Weld? And I've been playing with the professionally painting idea but I honestly would rather just take a day on a weekend put my audi on jackstands and paint them myself. I enjoy painting and I'm good at it so why pay others to do it? You know?
          Evan

Comment

It's JB weld. Anywhere. Canadian tire, napa, auto value, homedepot.
            Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
            2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

Originally posted by BaggedGLI View Post
              It's JB weld. Anywhere. Canadian tire, napa, auto value, homedepot.
              Thank you!
              Evan

Comment

Working...
              X