Head Gasket and Valve cover gasket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Head Gasket and Valve cover gasket

Hey guys I once again come asking for the help of the Gurus. I was driving the 2009 A4 today and it began to shake badly. So i pulled over turned it off and fired it up again, it drove just fine all the way home. I took the oil cap off and the oil was a milky caramel color? I did some research and found that it could be Either the Head Gasket or Valve cover gasket. The Epc light came on when the car shook. The engine light also started to flash at me. Has anyone here changed a Head Gasket or/and Valve cover gasket? How hard was it/time consuming? And how much did it cost you?
    Thanks in advance guys and gals (;

TlR-Audi a4 sline Milky caramel colored oil? Have you fixed before? How much? How long? How hard?
    -Terry
    -2014 S4
    insta:Whiney_S4

Re: Head Gasket and Valve cover gasket

It's common for cars to have a milky, frothy coating on the cap for cars driven in the winter.

Check the coolant level and check the dipstick.

Sounds like you have a misfire. Don't just rip the head off.
    Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
    2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

Also what engine?
      Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
      2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

Sounds like misfire as well, but pics of oil would help too. Scan for codes. Check plugs and coils first, swapping a valve cover gasket is easy ( unless your me breaking **** ). Head gasket is a lot more involved. Start small and work our way to bigger things.
        2016 VW GTI (Stock)
        2016 VW Jetta 1.4T (Stock)
        1994 Audi UrS4 - BW S257 SX-E built engine on VEMs.
        2001 Audi S4 - K04s, J-Fonz Tuned ( Gone! Dropped valve)

Comment

Thanks for the quick response guys (: Its my dads car its the 3.2Fsi Engine. His injectors are also pretty much dead. He says thats why it almost died.
          I dont think they have a stick though 0.o i couldn't find it oddly enough. But i checked the coolant levels and they were all good no little bubbles in the cases and it was in the green in terms of amount. I think i might have given her a little to much gas of the go trying to get out of pretty bad parking lot in royal oak. As for the vagcom scanning i'll have to ask if someone could maybe bring one to the next meet or hit up auto zone or see if royal oak Audi wouldn't mind giving a scan. Thanks again for the quick responses guys ill keep ya posted (;
          -Terry
          -2014 S4
          insta:Whiney_S4

Comment

Usually dealers will charge you like an hours labour for a scan so yeah if you know someone who can scan it for you or go to auto value you'd probably be better off
            Evan

Brilliant Black B6 A4 1.8T

Comment

Working...
            X