B5 A4 exhaust question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B5 A4 exhaust question

I am currently working on my 99.5 B5 A4 1.8T Quattro GT2871R build and I am trying to find an exhaust. Does anyone know if an ATP 3" DP will mate with a Tectonics Tuning 2.5" Borla setup? I can't seem to find any information on if it will or won't work.

Re: B5 A4 exhaust question

Not totally sure I understand. Do you have a techtonics tuning 2.5" downpipe mated to a borla exhaust?

The ATP downpipe should mate directly to any downpipe that has the stock flange

Pat

His
    1989 Porsche Carrera 4 // 5 Speed // Guards Red

Hers
    1987 VW Cabriolet // 20VT // O2J // Recaros // Porsche Slate Grey // Ronal Turbos // FK Coilovers

2005 Porsche Cayenne S

Theirs
    1977 VW Type 2 Westfalia

Gone
    2004 Audi A4 1.8T // quattro // 6 Speed // Brilliant Red
    Fully built 1.8T || AEB || Motoza tuned || ID1000 || S4 MAF || GT3076R

Comment

Originally posted by onceover View Post
      Not totally sure I understand. Do you have a techtonics tuning 2.5" downpipe mated to a borla exhaust?

The ATP downpipe should mate directly to any downpipe that has the stock flange
      No sorry, I am looking at buying: http://pgperformance.com/tt-exhaust-...6-quattro.html that, but I am not sure if it will join with my ATP DP.

I honestly have a few issues understanding how to assemble exhaust for some reason (never changed the exhaust on my B5.5 Passat), so this may be a stupid question.

Comment

Okay, so theres no borla parts involved. Thats what threw me off. It appears that all of those exhausts are downpipe back.

The exhaust in a B5 goes: Turbo > catalytic converter > downpipe > downpipe back exhaust.

Is this the ATP "downpipe" youre talking about? http://www.atpturbo.com/mm5/merchant...Code=AUDIVW-DP

If so, this part is generally called a "test pipe" and replaces the catalytic converter.

If you want a new downpipe as well, I would suggest getting a techtonics tuning downpipe

Pat

His

Hers
        1987 VW Cabriolet // 20VT // O2J // Recaros // Porsche Slate Grey // Ronal Turbos // FK Coilovers

2005 Porsche Cayenne S

Theirs
        1977 VW Type 2 Westfalia

Gone

Comment

Okay, so theres no borla parts involved. Thats what threw me off. It appears that all of those exhausts are downpipe back.

The exhaust in a B5 goes: Turbo > catalytic converter > downpipe > downpipe back exhaust.

Is this the ATP "downpipe" youre talking about? http://www.atpturbo.com/mm5/merchant...Code=AUDIVW-DP

If so, this part is generally called a "test pipe" and replaces the catalytic converter.

If you want a new downpipe as well, I would suggest getting a techtonics tuning downpipe
          http://www.atpturbo.com/mm5/merchant...egory_Code=BCS

This downpipe. From turbo back.

Comment

That's still technically a testpipe, and will bolt to your stock downpipe no problem.

Do you have the ATP manifold? Sounds like it will only work with that.

Pat

His

Hers

2005 Porsche Cayenne S

Theirs
            1977 VW Type 2 Westfalia

Gone

Comment

That's still technically a testpipe, and will bolt to your stock downpipe no problem.

Do you have the ATP manifold? Sounds like it will only work with that.
              That I do.

So I can run the Miltek I want instead then! Since it has a DP. Outstanding.

Comment

Working...
              X