• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RS3 on the way?

mayyybeee???

Comment

those are s8 wheels, so its prob the new s8, also rs3 wont get ceramic brakes

2002 VW Golf GT TDI
      2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

Originally posted by bart View Post
        i am not buying that email, production sold out in other markets eh?? haha ok
        I'm speculating here, but I would suggest that they would not say it wasn't coming if they knew that it was. I'm sure that if it was coming for 2014/15 and they didn't want the public to know, their instructions would be to say 'no comment' or to explain that they genuinely don't know the answer to the question. She was pretty clear that her answer stood for both the current and next generation RS3.

I work in a different industry involving B2B sales and manufacture and it is no-where near as complicated as automotive and even here, we know our production schedule 9 months out so that we can order components and reserve factory capacity etc. The Automotive manufacture and supply business is like building rockets compared to what I do I'm pretty sure that they have good visibility on their manufacturing 12-18 months out and that they just modify tolerances +/- depending on consumer sales. For something as major as a new model coming to Canada I'm sure they would know by now and like I said, they wouldn't be denying it - they'd more likely be pleading ignorance.

Besides BArt, would you really trade the TTRS? That car is amazing!
        Nick

I love hatchbacks

Comment

Just to offer my $0.02 worth... and because I personally want to see a RS3 built...you're assuming the "AudiTalk Girl" and "Audi Sr. Management" are the same people. If they wanted to keep this a big secret to the public... the "AudiTalk Girl" would likely be the last to know. As such, whatever we've heard from Audi to this point... in my mind... is worth diddley-crap.

Since the A3 and S3 are already out there... strapping on some performance goodies, more aggressive body panels and a few toys can't be that hard. It's not like they need to retool the A3/S3 factories completely to make a RS3 now do they?

Anyhow... Audi... if you're listening... make the Damned thing already!!!
          Rob
          Daddy's "Hooligan" - MK4 R32 in Deep Blue Pearl
          Mommy's "Gran Turismo" - E70 X5M in Black Sapphire Metallic

GONE... BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:

The Family "Muscle Car" - B7 RS4 in Misano Red - Dad's 20th Anniversary "Wanna-be R32" GTi

Comment

I still think there is no reason that there will not be an RS3 coming it is still just what body configuration will it be offered in and what markets will get it.
            Blair
            Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

the body is made for usa/canada specifically (no more hatchback) and the 2.5tfsi parts are already here... and the m235i/cla45 need competitors so 1+1+1=3
              Last edited by bart; 07-31-2013, 04:09 AM.
              2002 VW Golf GT TDI
              2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

Working...
              X