Official 2014/15 BMW M3 and M4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official 2014/15 BMW M3 and M4

The highly anticipated 2014 BMW M3 Sedan and M4 Coupe have finally been revealed online, ahead of their public debut scheduled for next month at NAIAS in Detroit.

At their heart is an inline-six high-revving TwinPower Turbo 3.0-liter engine delivering 431 HP (317 kW) and a maximum torque of 406 lb-ft (550 Nm). Compared to the outgoing generation, the new M3 is approximately 25 percent more fuel efficient and is around 80 kg (176 lbs) lighter. The CFRP roof brings weight savings of 5 kg (11 lbs) for the sedan and more than 6 kg (13 lbs) for the coupe. BMW says the cars will do 26.7 mpg US (32.1 mpg UK or 8.8 liters / 100 km) in the combined cycle with the manual and 28.3 mpg US (34 mpg UK or 8.3 liters / 100 km) with the DCT.

BMW's engineers reworked the MacPherson strut front and multi-link rear suspension by using lightweight components which have reduced unsprung masses and increased rigidity at the same time. The M3 and M4 ride as standard of 18-inch alloy wheels wrapped around in 255/40 front and 275/40 rear tires, while optionally available are larger 19-inch rims.

Both cars will do 0-62 mph (0-100 km/h) in 4.1 seconds when fitted the optional 7-speed M DCT or 4.3s with the standard six-speed manual gearbox. Top speed will be electronically limited to 155 mph (250 km/h) but for more money the limiter can be raised at 174 mph (280 km/h) once the client orders the M Driver's Package.

The aforementioned seven-speed M DCT comes with launch control and a "smokey burnout" mode that allows a certain degree of wheel spin at low speeds, a similar feature which will allegedly be available for the new Ford Mustang as well. Stopping power will be provided by standard compound brakes or optional lighter BMW M carbon ceramic brakes.

The new BMW M3 Sedan will be manufactured in Regensburg while the M4 Coupe is going to be assembled in Munich. Both cars will get their first public outing next month at the 2014 North American International Auto Show in Detroit.

Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Re: 2014/15 bmw m3 & m4

Coupe

Sedan

Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Re: Official 2014/15 BMW M3 and M4

i love the sedan version! looks great in the blue too.. interior is nice on both.. tuning world for these is going to be pretty good me thinks

Comment

Re: 2014/15 bmw m3 & m4

Some interesting choices, I'm surprised BMW stuck with angel eyes this generation of m3/m4. No chin spoiler which was seen in the concept. Car seems to have a lot of rake as well or is it just me?

Still a bit peeved that it won't come in black or Le Mans blue. Not sold on Yas Marina blue.

Personally I think the RS5 looks way better but the driving experience is surely better in the M4 and I think it's going to be very fast AND feel very fast.
        KR
        Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Also love the sedan!!! Miss the V8 growl though. Sure the new powertrain is beastly however!
          Derek

-2008 Avus Silver RS4-Fat ass II
          -1996 C4S-Fat Ass
          -2007 FJ Cruiser-6 speed

Comment

I think this is the first Sedan M3 (M4, whatever you wanna call it) that I actually like. They did a great job with this one. Both a beautiful and surely will be monsters!
            Patryk
            Instagram: @parkus08

91 BMW 340is ///M-Tech II - Under construction
            08 VW .:R32
            04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

that hood still kind of bothers me, but they look really good. hope its available in those colours too!

Comment

I like it. The original M3 was a coupe, so I wish they kept the current coupe as the M3 instead of the M4. If I were to buy one, I'd be pulling the 4 badge off and just leave the M. That probably sounds really stupid, but oh well haha.
                Last edited by CGY_GTI; 12-12-2013, 12:11 PM.
                Scott
                '23 Audi Q5 Technik | Ultra Blue Metallic | Black​
                '01 DC5 Honda Integra Type R | Championship White | Red

Comment

no black?????

sound is meh

i like the look a lot!!!
                  Last edited by bart; 12-13-2013, 12:29 PM.
                  2002 VW Golf GT TDI
                  2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

No doubt they will be stunning performers but i just cant get around that catfish/sturgeon inspired front end . And the dash layout, although far, far better that anything BMW has come out with in the past 10 years, is just meh.

Comment

I dig it. Although... I do prefer the boxier arse and 4 door side profile of the M3. C'mon Lotto Max...

Rob
                      Daddy's "Hooligan" - MK4 R32 in Deep Blue Pearl
                      Mommy's "Gran Turismo" - E70 X5M in Black Sapphire Metallic

GONE... BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:

The Family "Muscle Car" - B7 RS4 in Misano Red - Dad's 20th Anniversary "Wanna-be R32" GTi

Comment

at least they got the transmission right.
                        you probably don't like me because someone else said they didn't lol. <3

Comment

Powerplant is exciting but I'm still not sold on the exterior design. Perhaps it'll grow on me in person. For now, I'd turbo an e46 coupe and look out for unsuspecting SLSs or 458s.
                          Find me on Instagram @pry4sno

Candy White 2010 VW Golf Sportwagen TDI 6 speed /// #farmenwagen
                          Indigo Pearl Effect 1992 80q 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled
                          Brilliant Black 1990 Coupe quattro /// Because Racecar

Comment

Possible GTS under development...

Blair

Comment

i ran into one of these downtown the other day.. the engine sounds pretty mean and very turbo'ery

Comment

Working...
                              X