Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B7 A4 2.0T oil leak

Hey everyone,

I noticed a small puddle of oil under my wife's A4 about a week ago. There was a very small amount of oil on the top of the valve cover beside the filler cap so I wiped that up and it is still dry. I checked the oil and it was and still is reading a little higher than full. The leak seems to have stopped, at least no more puddles on the garage floor after I cleaned it up. I haven't had a chance to jack it up and see where the oil is coming from but wonder if she put a dent in the oil pan on an ice rut possibly? I'm thinking the dent may have reduced the capacity in the pan, hence the high oil reading on the dipstick and the oil that leaked out has now stopped.

Should I take it in and have it inspected on a hoist to see if there was any damage?
    Jeff

his - '03 GTI VR6
    hers - '06 A4 S-line Avant
    sigpic

Re: B7 A4 2.0T oil leak

Jeff,

Check the valve cover to make sure that all the bolts holding it down are tight, we have seen them back off sometimes causing a leak.

Might be best to take it and give the engine a good shampoo, drive it for a little then bring it in, that way if it is leaking it should be pretty obvious where its coming from.
    Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
    2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

Re: B7 A4 2.0T oil leak

I had a leak on my 07 gti not sure what it was still but I replaced my pcv pipes on the back of the engine and I got a new valve cover gasket. I pulled a sparkplug and it was covered in oil.

Comment

Working...
      X